Sign in to follow this  
richbonneau

Flysimware Cessna 402 C for FSX/P3D

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but Flysimware has recently released a pretty nice Cessna 402 for FSX and P3D.

http://flysimware.com/website/Cessna402C.html

I can't believe that no developer has tacked this before now.  Anyone up do do a Cape Air repaint?

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

Interesting. Have you bought it?

I've been waiting for a good 400 serious Cessna for awhile. I just can't tell much about the vc on my phone. I wonder about reality XP support too

I purchased it yesterday and only had time to load it up and look at the visual model.  It looks much better in the sim than it does in their preview photos and the youtube video linked from their website.  

If I have some time later today I'll take it up for a more thorough shakedown and post my thoughts.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

I purchased it yesterday and only had time to load it up and look at the visual model.  It looks much better in the sim than it does in their preview photos and the youtube video linked from their website.  

If I have some time later today I'll take it up for a more thorough shakedown and post my thoughts.

That is good to know, and if you could post your thoughts that would be great.

Good to hear the previews don't do it justice. That's what I expected.

I purchased it yesterday and only had time to load it up and look at the visual model. It looks much better in the sim than it does in their preview photos and the youtube video linked from their website.

I have to say that the preview screenshots put me off too - it all looked a bit like freeware quality. Your review will be keenly awaited by me too!

Bill

I have to say that the preview screenshots put me off too - it all looked a bit like freeware quality. Your review will be keenly awaited by me too!

Bill

The VC right? Yeah, agreed.

Yes, the VC in particular, and that is important to me as I almost always fly using the VC, but overall I need to be slightly more convinced before forking out the asking price here, as it is relatively expensive compared to some excellent payware aircraft I have bought recently. I would however like to have this in Cape Air colour scheme to operate around New England and depending on any reviews I might yet go for it (I have very little FS self-control!).

Bill

I have very little FS self-control!

Heh dont we all :huh:

It has been awhile. I have for a long time just tried to deal with the 421 from years back. This will definitely fill a gap in my GA flying. I will not be able to review based on actual experience in the 402C but will be looking at prop effects/sound correlation and user interface with switches and gauge readability.

I plan on loading this to P3Dv2.

Keith Guillory

It has been awhile. I have for a long time just tried to deal with the 421 from years back. This will definitely fill a gap in my GA flying. I will not be able to review based on actual experience in the 402C but will be looking at prop effects/sound correlation and user interface with switches and gauge readability.

I used to fly a 421 in FS9 - I think it was a Flight 1 product and it was OK but dated as I think it had originally been developed for FS2002. I would love to find that the 402 is modelled to the standards that we have become accustomed to now with many aircraft in FSX, so I look forward to your review (even if it is for the P3D version).

Bill

I'm very sceptical about addons that dont display clear daytime pictures of the VC or inside texturing.  I looked at the pics over at flightsim.com and it doesnt inspire confidence that it will be money well spent.   I do agree though that the Cessna range of twins is seriously lacking.  I actually really enjoy the Carenado C340.  I wish they'd do more.

Sadly, I'll give this one a skip...

I'm very sceptical about addons that dont display clear daytime pictures of the VC or inside texturing.  I looked at the pics over at flightsim.com and it doesnt inspire confidence that it will be money well spent.   I do agree though that the Cessna range of twins is seriously lacking.  I actually really enjoy the Carenado C340.  I wish they'd do more.

Sadly, I'll give this one a skip...

And it's being hyped up by a guy with 6 posts. If it's something that is really high quality the pictures and reviews speak for themselves.

Anyone up do do a Cape Air repaint?

I'm surprised they didn't do one with the original release - it seems the obvious repaint to do.

Petraeus

And it's being hyped up by a guy with 6 posts. If it's something that is really high quality the pictures and reviews speak for themselves.

The fact that someone has 6 posts does not in itself mean their viewpoint is any less credible than some know-all with 12,000 posts.

Ok, so yesterday I bought this FlySimWare 402, and also the IRIS Jabiru J160.

The 402 is ok.  It's much better than the last few FlySimWare offerings, (which definitely were freeware quality IMHO).  It's not in the top drawer league but it flies quite nice and definitely has some character.    It will never be a favourite or a classic but I don't regret buying it, because I really wanted a Cessna 400 series, and it's good enough to be fun.

The weakspot is the engine sounds - I could be wrong but it appears that the 402C is using the default C172 sounds, but with a Sound.cfg for sey up for a twin.     I could be wrong, but that's how it certainly sounds!

Internal, switch sounds etc are pretty good though.   VC is ok.  Averagish.  

The IRIS Jabiru J160 for what it's worth, is in a different league.   Superb little model and super fun to fly.   My joint favourite LSA / ultralight ever released for FSX, (jointly, with Ant's Airplanes Eaglet P92).

Q' out.

• Upvote 2