Sign in to follow this  
oqvist

My opinion on TrackIR...

Hello,Well, I finally got it 3 days ago. TrackIR3Pro + Vector Expansion. And my opinion is, first of all, an AWESOME PRODUCT!!! If you have fast enough PC, it puts you totally in "medias res" or as the translation would roughly go "into the middle of thing". Really gives you whole another persepctive of flying. I showed my girlfriend how to use (basically, how to fly :-) ) it yesterday, and her comment was: "Whoa, this is SO real". :-)Anyway, after all helpful posts which actually convinced me to get it, especially comments from a guy called P

AmenWow glad you like it and how the hell could you remember my name just about to the letter another Swede or :)

Guest Pabra

I just got it and completely agree and share your enthusiasm, It's a whole new ballgame from start to end. I mean taxiing, landings and everything in between: you're actually inside the cockpit now! This is the best and only way vc's should be experienced imo.

Guest tiking

I'm thinking of getting one soon. So this only works with virtual corkpits right? How many VC are out there? Payware and or freeware?

Guest Zevious Zoquis

erm, almost all payware and most freeware planes have VC's now (of varying quality of course). I don't have trackIR, but I'd imagine it would be superb with something like RealAir's Spitfire or SF260, Dreamfleet's Archer or Flight1's 172...

lol, first of all, thanks for the review. I am also thinking of getting TrackIR, prolly. It just sounds so tempting. :-eekAnd yes, we have

Whooops, looks like we both posted at the same time, roughly. I edited the above post apparently two minutes after you had written yours. ;) Have a look above.// Editlol, yeah, sounds good. No they have no real "name", just a sound, like the other vowels.Hard to explain sounds, but this is a rough guideline... ;)ah-be-ce-de-e-eff-ge-ha-ih-jot-ka-el-em-en-oh-pe-qu-err-ess-te-u-fau-we-iks-

What are you actually looking at in the way of display hardware, your monitor, or some small LCD's, or what? My chief concern is loss of image quality. Is there any? I am running at 1600x now and really enjoy this.Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

>Swede???>> Heck all this time I thot you was Irish:-lol :-lol>> DN Irish? Why on earth lolAn irish with very poor grasp of the english language perhaps ;)

Guest christianholmes

TrackIR doesn't do anything to you display- It's an input device- like a mouse. It basically works exactly like Active Camera, except instead of moving the mouse and pressing keys to move around, you move your head.I have to add to this- TrackIR is the best thing to happen to Flight Sim since VCs. This is how it's supposed to be. I would not hesitate for a second for anyone with the cash to purchase it. You simply can't have an idea of immersive it is until you try it.