Sign in to follow this  
Pascal_LSGC

X-Plane 10: Experimenting with art controls (Raleigh scattering)

Create a file named as you like, for example:

myatmospherictweaks.lua

inside the scripts folder of FlyWithLua.

Open it in a text editor and copy paste the code Tomcat357 suggested.

Pascal

Willdo. Just reading through FlyWithLua documentation...

Hi Tom,

atmospheric scattering doesn't work without HDR

cloud shadows works with or without HDR.

Ok, thanks

Just a question, made some tweaks to the lights via Dataref (se this post http://xp-developer.com/index.php?/topic/34-light-tweaking-with-dataref/#entry76)

And I wonder if changes done in DataRef Editor is only percistant if you use it with "Fly with Lua" plugin?

Second, is there other places than x-plane.org I can find that plugin?

X-Plane Scandinavia

Norway - Sweden - Finland - Iceland - Denmark

https://www.facebook.com/xpscandinavia

Like - Share - Follow us on everything

And third: does FlyWithLua works under Linux (at least I could not get it running :( ) ...

Ok, thanks

Just a question, made some tweaks to the lights via Dataref (se this post http://xp-developer.com/index.php?/topic/34-light-tweaking-with-dataref/#entry76)

And I wonder if changes done in DataRef Editor is only percistant if you use it with "Fly with Lua" plugin?

Second, is there other places than x-plane.org I can find that plugin?

after some testing i will write some lights bloom / brightnes at foggy or other weather conditions / cloud radius etc.. but we will make a list of all important or useful datarefs to have some overview of all this values! (in consultation with pascal)

yes, because the ART Data refs cannot be saved (without a small plugin like flywithlua) ! 

i also don´t know some other location! 

And third: does FlyWithLua works under Linux (at least I could not get it running :( ) ...

should run !! v2.2.4 is for win and lin. !

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

I found the culprit: libudev.so.0 is originally a symlink to libudev.so.0.13.0, but is extracted as a very small normal file (17 octets).

Just erase it, and create a new link to 0.13.0 with the same name.

some short list of promised datarefs. some of them are experimental (as i in some posts mentioned)

including Pascals / and my scattering settings. erase all comments bevor creating .lua file !! 

you can use "experimental settings" on your own risk, this can cause some artefacts (and when just revert to old values or delete used dataref)!

set( "sim/private/controls/clouds/cloud_shadow_lighten_ratio",       0.85 )

set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/atmo_scale_raleigh",        20.0 )

set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/inscatter_gain_mie",     4.0 )

set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/inscatter_gain_raleigh",        15.0 )

set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/scatter_raleigh_b",         10.0 )

set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/scatter_raleigh_g",      2.80 )

set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/scatter_raleigh_r",    0.010 )

set( "sim/private/controls/clouds/plot_radius",    2.20 ) // experimental ->  caution can cause large frame rate drop / standard value 1.0000 (you can go to 4.000 to see the clouds to horizon)

set( "sim/private/controls/clouds/soft_occlude",  1.00 ) // experimental

set( "sim/private/controls/skyc/mie_scattering_foggy",  25.000 ) // brightness when foggy -> standard value 5.00 impact on ground shadow, for me to bright at standard setting

set( "sim/private/controls/skyc/mie_scattering_ocast",  7.00 ) // experimental standard value 1.000 -> brightness when overcast -> impact on ground shadow, for me to bright at standard setting

set( "sim/private/controls/lights/bloom_far", 3000.00 ) // experimental standard Value 2500.00 self-explaining (at night)

set( "sim/private/controls/lights/bloom_near", 120.00 ) // experimental standard Value 100.00  self-explaining (at night)

set( "sim/private/controls/lights/mix_big", 80.000 ) // experimental standard value 64.00  self-explaining (at night)

set( "sim/private/controls/lights/mix_small", 25.00) // experimental standard value 16.000  self-explaining (at night)

set( "sim/private/controls/lights/bloom_for_zoom", 0.60) // experimental standard value 0.500  self-explaining (at night)

set( "sim/private/controls/shadow/scenery_shadows", 1.00) //  0.00 when you want to have disabled scenery shadows

set( "sim/private/controls/terrain/fade_start_rat", 0.99) // can cause frame drop -> standard value 0.65 -> distance of faded terrain detail "higer value is higher"

set( "sim/private/controls/skyc/white_out_in_clouds", 1.0) // can use 0.5 or 0.0 to reduce or disble this whiteout in clouds (can cause visibility failures when real weather activated)

this are my old test values (and i´m using large resolution, so your values might be lower)  you can try out other values and report -> it´s only to show the functions !!

some other will follow, when ready!

greetings !

Arnie !

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

Has anybody played with the water settings yet?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Here's a little script to adjust for altitude. Can easilly be tweaked. The values at high altitude looked the best to me but that's all up to the individual.

--script to set values we not suppose to mess with

dataref("air_alt", "sim/cockpit2/gauges/indicators/altitude_ft_pilot","readonly")

function set_skys()

if air_alt < 12000 then
set( "sim/private/controls/clouds/cloud_shadow_lighten_ratio",       0.8 )
set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/atmo_scale_raleigh",        20.0 )
set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/inscatter_gain_mie",     2.0 )
set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/inscatter_gain_raleigh",        13.0 )
set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/scatter_raleigh_b",         10.0 )
set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/scatter_raleigh_g",      2.80 )
set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/scatter_raleigh_r",    0.010 )
set( "sim/private/controls/skyc/white_out_in_clouds",     0.5 )
end
if air_alt > 12100 and pl_alt < 24900 then
set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/atmo_scale_raleigh",        15.0 )
set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/inscatter_gain_mie",     3.5 )
set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/inscatter_gain_raleigh",        9.0 )
set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/scatter_raleigh_b",         7.0 )
set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/scatter_raleigh_g",      1.80 )
end
if air_alt > 25000 then
set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/atmo_scale_raleigh",        10.0 )
set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/inscatter_gain_mie",     5.00 )
set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/inscatter_gain_raleigh",        5.00 )
set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/scatter_raleigh_b",         4.00 )
set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/scatter_raleigh_g",      1.00 )
end
end

do_sometimes("set_skys()")
  • Upvote 2

Hey I got the FlywithLua plugin and installed it under the plugins folder , do i create the datarefs.lua file and add these to it ?  

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

just create a file xxxxxxxx.lua and paste the script, place it in the scripts folder of course. thats it

tomcat357

i made a type o in the script

if air_alt > 12100 and pl_alt < 24900 then

replace with

if air_alt > 12100 and air_alt < 24900 then

my bad

just create a file xxxxxxxx.lua and paste the script, place it in the scripts folder of course. thats it

tomcat357

Hiya,

But I don't have HDR ON as my CCC 14.1 has broken HDR.  Will it still give the altitude stuff ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

unbelievable. I cant believe that Laminar didnt know about it. They will try to sell this settings as "revolutionary new graphics" in V11. :)

unbelievable. I cant believe that Laminar didnt know about it. They will try to sell this settings as "revolutionary new graphics" in V11. :)

What are you talking about ? Laminar did create these effects. They are just not yet apparent due to some graphic issues that should be corrected in 10.30.

• Upvote 1

Hi Pascal and fellow friends,

I have applied some of the tweaks and the result is really amazing! Thank you very much on all the tips and hope LR can add those features (maybe some UI for tweaking them) in later updates.

The overall look, I mean with default mesh but except the clouds, is really awesome!

post-251758-0-36953700-1392454427.jpg

• Upvote 3