Sign in to follow this  
Pascal_LSGC

X-Plane 10: Experimenting with art controls (Raleigh scattering)

Nothing "special" ... the same ones you will find here in this thread in many posts (only the cloud shadows are a bit "harder" sometimes with 0.9 or even 1.0).

Like these:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/433908-experimenting-with-art-controls-raleigh-scattering/?p=2928072

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/433908-experimenting-with-art-controls-raleigh-scattering/?p=2927562

Thanks...

you all also can try some values, in the "lights", "shadow", "terrain","water","forest" section etc. and post your findings, there are so many variables and datarefs, so we can together find out the favourite; essential; "decorating"; performance adjusted, etc. settings and put them in a large file and make collection to have a better overview!

I have already tried some and will write them down the next days, because some need a bit more testing to correctly define their effects, pros and cons.

Is there any way to set it so that you don't have to edit it each time you start x plane?

I figured it out by readying about the flywithlua plugin:) wow! Amazing stuff!

I am loving this stuff... just can't stop flying. See attached picture, This are the setting from tomcat with the Aerosoft Skytools Shaders and Cloud textures... 

• Upvote 3

I am loving this stuff... just can't stop flying. See attached picture, This are the setting from tomcat with the Aerosoft Skytools Shaders and Cloud textures...

The tweaks really do make a HUGE difference. Incredible. Hopefully, there will be sanctioned settings or some kind of implementation in an upcoming version

I see cloud shadows in your screenshots and you are using Aerosoft Skytools Shaders and Cloud textures.

Earlier in this thread, I read that Skymaxx Pro doesn't work with the tweaks. I guess I'll check out the Aerosoft offering to get the full benefits we are seeing in these screenshots. Definitely worth the effort to get these results!

Thank you to all who have put time and effort in to sorting this out. Greatly appreciated!!!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is everyone using SSAA ?  As I used FXAA going back to 13.9 Catalyst , but I can see that the AA bad and going to 2x SSAA x FXAA I loose 5-8 frames.

Do I disable AA from Catalyst ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Sorry but on Nvudia here.

The Shaders provided by Aerosoft Skytool work pretty well.

Try to work with the cloud ambient gain dataref, it makes the closer clouds a bit more puffy.

Does anybody suffer disrupted shadows of aircraft on ground? Looks like some setting besides shadow lighten is influencing shadow detail as well.

Sorry but on Nvudia here.

The Shaders provided by Aerosoft Skytool work pretty well.

Try to work with the cloud ambient gain dataref, it makes the closer clouds a bit more puffy.

Does anybody suffer disrupted shadows of aircraft on ground? Looks like some setting besides shadow lighten is influencing shadow detail as well.

Regarding the faulty shadows; its the Shadows Ground dataref. Setting it to 1.0 makes aircraft shadows being rendered false. 

Hmm I am wondering about the clouds. I am using Clouds HD (shadows enabled) , and even with them I get 14 FPS  (else I touch 20-25s) in Seattle, the flight is absolutely smooth , but I have an issue , don't know if it is related to the tweaks, as Seattle Bravo is FL25 and I am flying the Xpfr MS893 and keeping her at FL10 , now the clouds I see are like puffy but the moment I go above 1500 it becomes like an IFR flight  , is this due  XPX or is this the tweaks, Using Realitics Skies from .org . 

Using Realitics Skies from .org

Couldn't find that Iron, got a link?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Haha. Using them as well since initial release. Nice representation of what I see daily looking up.

They look great. even the HD clouds are great.   

Can I have clouds like these ?

Not now. Laminar has to change cloud rendering and Shaders to achieve such a representation.

But we are on a good way towards it. I guess we will see something close to it, within future updates.

Or even someone steps up and will develop a complete new wx injector and 3D rendering plugin. Skymaxx Pro is a first step...

Not now. Laminar has to change cloud rendering and Shaders to achieve such a representation.

But we are on a good way towards it. I guess we will see something close to it, within future updates.

Or even someone steps up and will develop a complete new wx injector and 3D rendering plugin. Skymaxx Pro is a first step...

Yeah I hope, but the HD clouds aren't too bad they look nice.