Sign in to follow this  
Pascal_LSGC

X-Plane 10: Experimenting with art controls (Raleigh scattering)

Pascal's shot in the 1st post looks amazing! I've never seen a flight sim look that good before. And those photo scenery from simheaven looks awesome as well! Just wish they had the same quality for the US region as for Europe. 

Anyways thanks for sharing this mod, it really changes the look and feel of XPX completely and I really hope that LR can really bring this into XP 10.30. I don't know how you guys find cool stuff like this! 

And I agree Pascal should post those screenshots and help spread the word around. I am stunned and in awe still, just wow. I was deciding on whether or not I should purchase SkyMaxx Pro, because I really don't like how the clouds and sky look in default XPX. It is lacking overall vibrance and color that I am so use to seeing in FSX/P3D. Very washed out and dull colors, but with this mod it sure does make it more rich and immersive. Looking at those pics make me want to fly again in XP!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Looks good Tom!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I'm using Tomcat's first set of values.... can others share their scripts?  This stuff is over my head and reading the lua manual just makes my head hurt even more hehe.

... i am also having "issues" getting into fly(ing) with lua ... :unsure:

Here is a possible script. Feel free to use it, extend it, modifiy it. Note that this values need to be adjusted for you personal needs.

For windows I recommend to use "Notepad++" for editing. 

set( "sim/private/controls/clouds/cloud_shadow_lighten_ratio",       0.95 )
set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/atmo_scale_raleigh",        20.0 )
set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/inscatter_gain_mie",     8.0 )
set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/inscatter_gain_raleigh",        8.0 )
set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/scatter_raleigh_b",         8.0 )
set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/scatter_raleigh_g",      1.60 )
set( "sim/private/controls/atmo/scatter_raleigh_r",    0.010 )
set( "sim/private/controls/clouds/plot_radius", 1.50 )
set( "sim/private/controls/shadow/scenery_shadows", 0.00)
set( "sim/private/controls/hdr/gain_min", -2.2)
set( "sim/private/controls/clouds/ambient_gain", 2.0)

1. Create a file and name it "Atmo.lua" for example

2. Open it with a text editor (recommend Notepad++)

3. Insert above quoted script 

4. Save it

5. Copy or paste it to .../Plugins/FlyWithLua/Scripts

You can edit the file on the fly and reload the setting in x-plane via the FlyWithLua menu in plugins. 

If there's anyone still reading this thread, I just uploaded some sky stuff to the .org, Carolina Blue Skys, give it a shot, you might like it.

TomCat357

If there's anyone still reading this thread, I just uploaded some sky stuff to the .org, Carolina Blue Skys, give it a shot, you might like it.

TomCat357

looking good Tom, though not yet tried them. Downloading now.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Tomcat357,

Can you help installing the files ? too many folders and I am not much of a reader 

Hey is this only with HDR ? As my GPU drivers have broken HDR in CCC 14.1, but I am planning on getting the GTX 750 Ti as sick and tired of the AMD driver issues.

I copied the shader file to the shaders directory and a skyhackpro.lua to FlywithLua/Scripts directory and then the Skycolors Real X City to the sky folder. 

Pascal, are you using SkyMaxx Pro in your shots? Does this mod just change the sky colors?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Pascal, are you using SkyMaxx Pro in your shots? Does this mod just change the sky colors?

Hi,

No, I don't use SkyMaxx Pro. It is not Linux compatible.

In my shots, I had some modified sky colors, don't remember which file.

The discussed tweaks don't change the sky colors (or just slightly: they do change the horizon). They affect the color of far landscape and adds clouds shadows.

Pascal

Tomcat357,

Can you help installing the files ? too many folders and I am not much of a reader 

Hey is this only with HDR ? As my GPU drivers have broken HDR in CCC 14.1, but I am planning on getting the GTX 750 Ti as sick and tired of the AMD driver issues.

I copied the shader file to the shaders directory and a skyhackpro.lua to FlywithLua/Scripts directory and then the Skycolors Real X City to the sky folder. 

Oh, I'm not sure what the HDR may or may not do, but it shouldn't bother anything, it's just clouds and sky.. I will check to see if I see a difference.

Oh, I'm not sure what the HDR may or may not do, but it shouldn't bother anything, it's just clouds and sky.. I will check to see if I see a difference.

Hey I think there is a problem with your zip file. When I try to uncompress it gives error but it does uncompress.

Ok I copied the "Clouds Carolina Blue" .

Which Skycolors should I use ?