Sign in to follow this  
Guest Len

Boeing 737-900 from Ariane Airshop

Guest Glaudrung

Good evening everyone,I have, for some time now, the ariane b737 in my hangar. I paid for it but so far, I have never ever flown it.Why? Because, in the first place, I don't like its Virtual cockpit and secondly, because I don't get any head or tail on the how and why of this aircraft.Some settings are weird.ForinstanceThe batteryswitch... when you click it to the off-position, power goes on and vice versa, when you turn it on, the power goes dead.The groundpower switch doesn't do anything and the captains outboard MFD doesn't show me anything except a 'ATT' message.Question is, Do I have all updates? I have version 1.0, update 1.1 and update 1.3 (but as you can see no 1.2...?)Is there anybody who can give me some hints on this plane? Or direct me to a forum where my problems can be looked into...Any help would be great...Luc 'Glaudrung' BrusselmansBelgium

Guest Pabra

Can't offer help but what is it you don't like about the vc? Just curious cos it looks great in the screenshots......I'm considering getting it.

Guest LLgaz

Why don't you try asking for help on Ariane's forums? Surely, after spending all that money, they have a forum to answer your questions and help you don't they?Try their forums.....and good luck. Hope you enjoy flying it.

Guest Glaudrung

Well,to answer pabra, I don't like VC's in general because they are as unnatural as a 2D cockpit and even more user-unfriendly .The only way to get a good feeling for a VC is with the TrackIR and even then, it's hardly to use because lettering isn't very clear in VC.Anyway, I don't want to start that debate all over again. Tons are written about pro and con VC and some are pro and some, like me, are not so pro.And talking about a forum... If somebody could point me in the good direction????Luc 'Glaudrung' BrusselmansBelgium

Guest danowat

Here we go again, we all know how this is going to play out, so lets not even go there.........PLEASE.If noone can answer the original posters question, then maybe not post at all?Dan.

Guest Pabra

Thanks for the reply. Well I have the track-ir pro and a 22" screen running fs at 1856x1392x32 res. so maybe things "clear" up a bit :-). Is the vc in the same league visually (accurate) as the captainsim 727? Some crave for outside details, for me it's the inside that counts being a virtual pilot...I have to believe in what I see.edit; the pmdg737 vc was dissapointing visually and performance wise sadly

>Good evening everyone,>>I have, for some time now, the ariane b737 in my hangar. I>paid for it but so far, I have never ever flown it.>Why? Because, in the first place, I don't like its Virtual>cockpit and secondly, because I don't get any head or tail on>the how and why of this aircraft.>Some settings are weird.>Forinstance>The batteryswitch... when you click it to the off-position,>power goes on and vice versa, when you turn it on, the power>goes dead.>The groundpower switch doesn't do anything and the captains>outboard MFD doesn't show me anything except a 'ATT' message.>>Question is, Do I have all updates? I have version 1.0, update>1.1 and update 1.3 (but as you can see no 1.2...?)>Is there anybody who can give me some hints on this plane? Or>direct me to a forum where my problems can be looked into...>>Any help would be great...>>Luc 'Glaudrung' Brusselmans>BelgiumAll i can say. RTFM.You cannot activate the groundpower of no GPU is connected. Connect it first!The real 737 avionics are linked to the IRS. You have to align the IRS first. But for that you need the GPU.CheersMartin

I'd say directing the OP to contact the manufacturer support channels is a good response.The respondent isn't making any value judgements about the quality or even the existence of said support, he assumes that given the purchase price it would exist.I think that's a very logical response as the existence of quality support is indeed to be expected from a product in the pricerange of the Ariane 737 and I'd be highly surprised indeed if there were none (as every company or group I've worked with who ask even a fraction of the price Ariane charges indeed has such support in place).

Guest B52Drivr

I would suggest you send Ariane an e mail asking for support.arianestudios@aol.com.For the price paid, support should be immediate.Best,Clay

Guest Glaudrung

Cheers Martin,but even after reading the manual (as you bluntly stated) that plane is a deadborn baby to me. Using a printed copy of the manual (in color), I follow the exact procedure but the only result is a very lonely plane without GPU.Oh well, wasted money and a bunch of files that are saved on a cd-rom that will never see the daylight again.And by the way, there is hardly any support and if you make a mistake downloading the files, you can kiss you money goodbye too.I can't activate the pushback expansion set but when I visit the website to look at my 'old receipts' the files are gone as if they are activated...Maybe this plane works for you, all the better, but for me it is thumbs down for both the aircraft (which is still a promising product)and the company. I can understand that there is a growing concern to protect software from piracy but I have the feeling that in this case, all resources go to orotection and only a very small amount to support.I have one question left for you guys.Is there anybody who has bought the pushback expansion set?If so, cou you please let me know how many zip-files you have downloaded??? I'm asking because productinfo says 5 files for about 18 Mb and I have 4 files mounting up to approx. 20 Mb.I really would like to know where I wenst wrong...thanks for all the helpLuc 'Glaudrung' Brusselmansglaudrung@skynet.be

Guest Len

I don't have the pushback expansion. The install of the service packs is confusing. I had it on my old system but haven't been able to get it going on my new system. The plane shows up but not the cockpit. I spent a huge amount of money on this (Canadian dollars) and it's been a waste. Even on my old system I could never engage AP synched with the FMS and LNAV, VNAV. AP never engaged. Weird. And so I have deinstalled it.It does have promise including a nice VC (nice lighting). But unless it can be delivered in a clean package, one install with a functioning AP and LNAV VNAV - stay clear.

Guest Glaudrung

Len,the installation routine is indeed confusing. When I told that in a mail to the folks of ArianeSoftware they had a big laugh at my expense and told me flat out that if I couldn't install their software, how would I ever be able to fly the 'complex' aircraft in it...So far for a polite answer from them. But I have a question for you. It seems that I am missing one specific update. The 1.2 update is an update they have mentionned in their expansion pack but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Do you have that update by accident still sitting on your harddisk? If so, could you zip it up for me and mail it to glaudrung@skynet.be.I don't even know if I really need that update but when I ask them about it they never give a clear answer and steer clear from the subject. That is one other complaint I have about them. They think it is a waste of time to answer a question to the point and they never sign their mails with a name. Only the 'Ariane Studios' is used as a signature...Luc 'Glaudrung' BrusselmansBelgiumBy the way, Do you still have your .key.ini and .ini files.They may hold the clue to reinstalling them on your new computer.

Guest Len

I don't have 1.2. Just 1.1 and 1.3. Just a question though. Have you been able to get the Autopilot to engage?the installation routine is indeed confusing. When I told that in a mail to the folks of ArianeSoftware they had a big laugh at my expense and told me flat out that if I couldn't install their software, how would I ever be able to fly the 'complex' aircraft in it...So far for a polite answer from them.I guess we're some of the few suckers who bought their hype. At that price it should come in a one button install instead of copying mdl files around and goofing around with their ambiguous instuction manual.

>Len,>>the installation routine is indeed confusing. When I told that>in a mail to the folks of ArianeSoftware they had a big laugh>at my expense and told me flat out that if I couldn't install>their software, how would I ever be able to fly the 'complex'>aircraft in it...>>Luc 'Glaudrung' Brusselmans>Belgium>Funny you should mention sending an email to Ariane support. Years ago I bough Peter Tishma's "Lauda Air" - which was then heralded as a "huge step forward" in flight simulation. Claim to fame was that it had been developed with the "cooperation of Lauda Air."Overall, it was a miserable piece of software. However, I sent an email to support asking a question (I think it was how to start the engines from the F/Os side). I got similar attitude: RTFM! (what manual? only a little booklet came with the plane). My second email got the exact response you got: this airplane might be too complex for you. lol, otoh, I DID get a free Lauda ballpen with my purchase. ricardo