Sign in to follow this  
ddawson

Flight1 ATR and Win98 - Please Help

Guest Skyflyer

Hi everybody,after having a look in Flight1 ATR forums, I believed that the ATR should have worked on my Win98 based system, so I purchased the newly released 'boxed' version (with an excess of confidence, probably).The installation seems to complete successfully; it is possible to select the ATR from the aircrafts' list, but the message 'FLT1CHK3.DLL NOT FOUND' appears.The situation loads but the error message appears again together with a remaining label on the upper left of the screen saying something like 'aircraft initialization in progress'.I looked for the FLT1CHK3.DLL file and found it installed in Windows/System directory... I transferred the file into Windows/System32 directory as suggested in the ATR forum but this didn't help. Unfortunately, I didn't find any other useful hint in those forums...Well, I know I should move to WinXP (for sure that is a wise but rather obvious suggestion) but at this moment I would really prefer not to reformat my HDD.By the way, yes, I have the GDIPLUS.DLL library installed and it works fine with all my other recent add-ons work fine on my rig (in particular PMDG 737 and severals RealAir aircrafts). Has any of you managed Flight1 ATR to work on Win98?Any help will be really appreciated.Thank you in advance for your help.Sincerely,SkyflyerMy system specs: Athlon 2000+ on ASUS A7V M/B, Win98 SE, 768 MB Ram PC133, GeForce FX5600, CH USB Joke & Pedals

Guest jennifer

I bought the download version while I was still running Win Me and had exactly the same problems. I wasn't too perturbed because I was planning to upgrade to Win XP anyway. Nevertheless I posted the problem on the ATR forum and was kindly reminded that it clearly says on the website that the ATR has not been tested in Win 98/ME...end of story. I didn't find a fix, but I did upgrade to Win XP and, lo and behold, the ATR worked perfectly. i might add that, if you can afford it, you really should consider upgrading to Win XP anyway. You'll be pleasantly surprised how much better FS2004 runs...higher frame rate, smoothnes and fewer crashes. PC crashes that is and you don't have to reformat your hard drive.

I don't own this product, so I am just guessing here... You might try moving or copying FLT1CHK3.DLL into your main FS folder.BTW, the other poster is correct - you don't have to format your hard drive on a WinXP upgrade.Regards,Doug

Guest Skyflyer

Hi guys,thank you for your answers. I tried to place the undetected flt1chk3.dll almost everywhere: Windows - Windows/System - Windows/System32 - FS root - FS modules - etc. etc... but with no result.What really wonnders me is the error message: "flt1chk3.dll not found"I understand an 'out of memory' error or some stuff like that, but the file actually exists in my HDD. What a strange matter.I would ask a simple chceck to some simmers that have purchased F1 ATR: may you check where in your systems is actually placed the flt1chk3.dll file? The 'find file' function of Windows should detect it readily.What a pity! Up to now I am anyway satisfied with my setup (it gives 20-22 FPF consistently, mainly with the help of the reduced textures for cumulus and autogen and some additional tweaks - all found here in the forum at Avsim).Thank for your attention, and have nice flights!Sincerely,Skyflyer (aka Marco - from Italy)

just did a search for flt1chk3.dll on my windows XP home SP2 system the file is located in C:WINDOWSsystem32 folder. whis as far as i can remeber is not present in 9X sytems from the last century.I got windows 95 when it first came out, it was buggy so i got 98 when it first came out hopeing it would do what 95 had promissed, it was buggy so i got ME when it first came out hopeing it would do what 95 and 98 had promissed, it was buggy so i did not get XP when it first came out expecting the same buggy Operating system, but ME was so bad i figured XP could not be any worse, so i went out and got it and guess what it WAS what 95, 98 and ME had promised, intially there where a few problems with a TV card that was made for Windows 95 (no drivers) and NASCAR 2 would not run (although all other games do, even DOS games although without sound and only keyboard control, I even have Indianaplois 500 by Papyrus installed and running), whats more the system restore works perfectly and other than new HD i have never had to reinstall, and even then i have saved all my settings etc and just coppied them over.

Guest NetBoyz

Windows has a mechanism to allow use of dlls by many programs independently of their location, but you have to register the dll with the system for this. Perhaps the ATR uses this mechanism rather than hard-coding the location of the dll. If you have put flt1chk3.dll into directory c:windowssystem, then from a command prompt, enter:c:windowssystemregsvr32 c:windowssystemflt1chk3.dllfollowed by enterkey. Be careful to note the space in the middle of the line. You should then get a message indicating success of the registration.Dick Bixler

Guest Skyflyer

Hi Dick,thank you for your suggestion, I tried to do exactly what yoy stated, but with no success. The system showed the following error message:"c:windowssystemflt1chk3.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found DllRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version of c:windowssystemflt1chk3.dll may be in memory. Consider using PView to detect and remove it."Well, I can just guess the meaning of the message: an incopatibility between the file format of flt1chk3.dll (Win XP format, I suppose) with the corresponding format expected by Win98.Apparently, that could be one of the critical points. Many dll's work fine on most versions of windows -based systems (FS itself has a folder -the Modules one- that is full of dll's) but this very one is probably only compatible with XP.What a mess, considering the possibility that the full package may work properly...Anyway, thank you guys for your attention.Have happy flights (...not only on turboprops...)Sincerely,Marco Cherubini(aka Simflyer... well, yes, FSimmer since 1984 piloting Sublogic's FS II on my dear old Commodore 64. Max 2-3 (!) FPS but lot of imagination)