Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oli_NLS

My A380 simulator in FTD style

Hey there ;)

Just wanted to show you guys the A380 simulator in FTD style that I was building. I use it as test platform for our NLS A380 aircraft which is still under development. Therefore, I use 5 screens to display the panels and displays of the flight deck. Apart from the Airbus Sidestick and the Throttles there is no direct hardware interface. Everything is controlled through a trackball. The onboard information system (OIS) runs through a seperate computer just like in the real aircraft.

I use 2 machines (1 for the actual aircraft simulation with 3 graphics cards for 5 monitor output and 1 machine for the 180 degree visual system which consists of a Matrox Dual Head 2 Go, 2 projectors and the flight elise immersive display software).

It may not be pretty but it fulfils its purpose ;) Hope you like it!

a380_ftd_7.jpg

a380_ftd_6.jpg

a380_ftd_2.jpg

And here is a video of the Sim in action ;)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sweet, I've just started learning Airbuses.

Wow, so your software can be used in a home cockpit?

Man, if you guys make a FS9 version of this aircraft, I will love you forever! I dig the test video!

This looks excellent -- touch screen lcds are dropping in price (thanks to windows 8) so hopefully it will be compatible when it comes out :)

Have you thought about working with airbus hardware vendors such as skalarki? http://www.skalarki-electronics.eu/en/

If you could get your software to work with their FCU and MCDU (which I have on order!) then you'll have a full flat based trainer which can compete with Thales and CAE ;-) 

I have also tried setting up a flat base trainer (unsuccessful so far) using Jeehell FMGS. 

Looks very nice, wich software for the A380 do you use?