Sign in to follow this  
HiFly

Restarting FSX ATC

Hi Folks!

I use FSX ATC modified with Edit VoicePack.  Every once in a while I accidentally cancel ATC before I takeoff by making a selection before the display has finished updating  It then immediately defaults to VFR, etc., and won't allow me to reactivate nor to takeoff if conditions are IFR.  I have tried reloading the flight plan, changing to a different flight plan, etc.  Nothing seems to allow me to get an IFR clearance again.  While enroute, FSX ATC asks for confirmation before it cancels a flight plan and then gives the option of "flight following" but during taxi out if I accidentally click on the "cancel flight plan" option, it does not ask for confirmation it just permanently locks out IFR.

There must be some way to restart the flight plan in FSX ATC without having to completely restart the flight from the gate or worse yet, restart FSX.

Anyone have a work-around for this?  

I saw a suggestion here once that slewing your heading by one degree somehow resets the ATC. I think it was in the context of requesting a new departure after taxiing to the gate. Might work for your issue.

There must be some way to restart the flight plan in FSX ATC without having to completely restart the flight from the gate or worse yet, restart FSX.

Load the flightplan in again, when it asks to reposition the aircraft, say no. You still w3on't be able to restart ATC, until up in the air, but what you can do to do that, is manually reset the comm freq to Clearance delivery, then it should let you request IFR clearance again.

• Upvote 1

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Thanks, Tom.  Certainly worth a try.  I had tried setting the departure frequency after airborne but never tried the clearance frequency.  Often the clearance frequency is the ground frequency and of course when I try that before airborne it just offers me a gate/stand.   It is one of those situations that rarely happens but sometimes I automatically select the option that is displayed in the ATC window BEFORE it has changed and I get unintended consequences.  Thanks again.

Just move yourself to another parking space other then the original one you started with when you filed your flightplan.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I hope someone here today. I just loaded FSUIP4, with my system and lose the menu bar and ATC. When in re-installed FSX without Acceleration it came back online, but when FSX Acceleration was re-installed the menu bas and ATC refuses to work. Also in FSX-SE as well. Any suggestions.

Edited by Jim Young
email address removed. Please use the PM System. If someone contacts you via PM, you will be notified at your registered e-mail address. In this way, no one will be able to spam you or send you harrassing e-mails.

First suggestion is to remove that email address so you won't be spammed!  Did you install the correct

version of FSUIPC4 for FSX?  You probably did since the version for FS2004 is FSUIPC3.  Will ATC

and menu bar work if you uninstall FSUIPC4?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: