Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

consistent stutter in PMDG aircraft.

hi alli just want to know whether anyone else with a similar system to mine experiencing constant stuttering when flying the 737 from PMDGive tried every tweak under the sun at the moment and ive finally succumded that it must be my lowly end system or is it?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest bobsk8

Up might try the PMDG Forum on this web site for a quicker answer.

Try flying without the cabin and vc, just the 2d version only. See if that helps a bit.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I used to have a problem like this with the PMDG 737. Turned out to be caused by my crappy on board sound card.Matt

Guest NTL199191

It's Not your system, because even mine works fine. My Specs:Compaq Presario 5UVME2AMD Duron 900 Mhz256MB SDRAMATI Radeon 9200/128MBWindows XP ProfessionalNick

Clayton,I have a system much like yours and I only fly the PMDG 738. I get very few stutters. However as others have said, I only use the 2D cockpit. I folloed a suggestion in another thead to turn off all AA anf AF both in the sim and on my driver. To my amazement it did make the sim run smoother, with no loss of texture quality. I run at 1280X960 resolution with a nVidia 4200ti card. Also what type of clouds are you using, the FS Skyworld clouds are really the best for reducing cloud stutters.Bob

yes, thanks for your suggestions, i do see a little improvement in 2D cabin only, however not enough to get it stutter and jerky free. I will try those clouds as well.

I believe that you need a minimum of 1024 RAM to run PMDG nicely. On my P4, under Windows XP, PMDG consumes 600 to 700MB of RAM at all times, roughly double or more than double the default FS9 sim figure. That might be your answer and case closed.But: also, instal FSAutostart. It is an amazing utility and while it may not increase your frames, it WILL increase the SMOOTHNESS of the sim possibly quite substantially. I think it's a superlative utility for FS.Turn off any FSAA if on, and forget about it on your machine. Set your res to 1280x960. Turn your DISPLAY settings down to "DENSE" at most, and watch your autogen settings because autogen kills frames.Good luck!JS

Guest prichards

Your Vid card is a bit slow for starters and I would add another 256 or 512 ram

Yea thanks for the tips, i think the ac is a resource hog, especially the textures, although nice, i am 95% inside the plane not outside, so they should really come out with a lite version on the planes for ppl with low end systems,i dont have AA or AF enabled anywhere and realise i need to upgrade my video card and get some more ram, do you think a complete upgrade is required or just ram / v card?

More RAM + existing Vid card will do ya fine for another year or so. 128MB vid RAM should work quite OK. If you want to upgrade the vid card, maybe an FX 5950 will serve you well for a reasonable price.But: if you gots the dough, get a 3.6Ghz + 256MB vid card. Cheers!JS

how about this card, will this card be good enough?ASUS V9570 GeForce FX 5700TD-256M with TV-out/DVI

Prolly good enough to tide you over for some time. If money is a significant consideration in this equation, then....yeah, OK.JS

Sorry, forgot it's 256MB, so should be VERY good!JS

but the key thing is will i see fluidity in the PMDG VC if i upgrade ram and vc or is the VC very much CPU intensive?