Sign in to follow this  
Airline2Sim

Where when how?

Cadets, a quick update on things for you! 

Yes the Q400 training is still in production. Why so long? Well we had to start from scratch and get a real Q400 pilot and then get him along for multiple recording visits, sort through the footage, edit it, verify it for accuracy and then add special effects, texts and the like and do that many times for the seven different sections that make up the training. We've got so far around 8 hours of almost real-time footage shot within the Q400 flight deck and if you think about that in film production terms, it's like three full length feature films to direct, record and produce. However we're nearly there, and the Cadet training will soon be available. This will be followed up by the First Officer training for the Q400 and then finally the Captain's course when the next version of the Majestic Dash 8 is released featuring failures and a shared cockpit.

We've also been talking to other developers about the next stage in our product line, and I'll be sharing news of this with you soon.

I'll also be updating this forum with the latest screenshots, previews and videos which we're (a bit faster at) sharing on our facebook page which you can follow at www.facebook.com/airline2sim

Cheers

Ben

Airline2Sim

• Upvote 1

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Thanks for update; looking forward to seeing how the cadet training shapes up!

I've been itching to put some real time on my Q400, but I'm sort of holding off until the cadet training is released.

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Hi,

after watching the nice preview-videos i'd like to ask if it is possible to speak a little bit slowlier, as not every virtual pilot is a native english speaking guy.

Thanks in advance and waiting for the complete course :-)

Are you guys almost ready. The Website says 4-4-14...Thanks  

I really want to see your videos.  I got myself Q400 last week (loving it).

Do I need FPX ?(it is going to push my budget at this time).

Looking forward to the release

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Hi guys - sorry we have been somewhat lax in updates over here! 

@wolfgang - We do take on board your useful feedback about the pace of the speech and it's easy for two English guys to get carried away. We are very aware of this and for that reason make extensive use of titles (not subtitles, however) that back up the speech and actions on screen but naturally there may be words or phrases that will confuse non-native English speakers. We are looking at the options for dubbing this into German and French and also possibly English subtitles, but that would pose a challenge with the number of charts and other important animations that fill up the screen. I'd also point out that the trailer posted where we are shooting the LOC DME approach into Guernsey was a VERY busy time and we were at a crucial stage of the approach, so there is a constant stream of commentary from Josh our pilot about what we needed to be doing so the pace of speech at that point is probably the exception though, rather than the rule.

@Skywolf - nope you don't need PFPX as we show you how to put a brief together using SimBrief which is free, but we heartily recommend both.

@Chris - yep, we're biting our nails here! 

I think I read somewhere it'll be $30 or approx £18... K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Hello,

Can we have news about subtitles please?

At least, the English subtitles are the most important.

The others languages could be a bonus but are not essential, because this is a huge amount of work for you...

If we had subtitles in English, we could pause the video and seek for translation. Easy to do with something you read.

But but when you don't understand what you eared, you can't seek for anything.

Thanks in advance for reply and thanks again for your very good videos!

Gregory

Hi Gregory, unfortunately we had some quotes drawn up for getting the content translated and subtitles created and the costs was in the tens of thousands of dollars so there's no way we can realistically do this at the current time.

We are looking to see if we can do subtitles at the production stage in the future which would make things simpler. Sorry I don't have a better solution currently.