Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Prince George BC airport area problem

Can anyone tell me what's wrong here? There is a large water fall at the end of the runway and the roads/bridges are in a weird shape. Have FSGenisis 76.4 terrain installed. Have tried removing FSG but no difference. Have no other addon installed that I know of that could cause this.I am a new forum user and tried to attach a jpeg to show my problem but am notified that the jpeg is too big.

Just found flatten files by Curt Jardey that fixed the river problems but the roads and bridges are still all screwed up.Thanks Curt.

Guest CYYJ1968

I believe the problem is caused by incorrect elevation data for many of the waterways, rivers, lakes and dams in the interior of BC. Install Holger Sandmann's bcmesh9d.zip and bcmesh9e.zip packages to solve the problem. Both files are available in the avsim library. Be sure to follow the installation instructions included in the packages.

Howdy,actually, my bcmesh9b/9d don't extend as far north as the Prince George area but my bcmeshp1.zip patch file package does. However, I guess that Curt's flatten patches would do the same job (never tried those).There's a scenery package by Paul Jensen, bc2003.zip, here in the library, that includes Prince George airport and town. Don't remember whether it fixes the bridges because it was originally made for FS2002. It's a nice package and definitely worth a try.Hope that helps,Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger & others. I have bc2003.zip installed in FS2002 but was afraid to try it in COF. Have had some bad experiences in this regard. Will bcmeshp1.zip work with FSGenisis 76.4 terrain that I purchased and installed? There is so much stuff available now that it gets a bit confusing as to what to use and what not to use.

Guest flight

Funny. There's nothing wrong with my Prince George airport. I have just the default, and it's pretty good actually.

Howdy,I just did two quick flights in the Prince George area with bc2003.zip and bcmeshp1.zip active, one with just my LOD7 mesh (bcmesh7*.zip) and one with the FSG mesh and all works well with either add-on mesh.There's that cliff on the north end of the airport, which is probably due to a combination of the Fraser River being modeled too wide and the airport's flatten polygon too large. Nothing to be done about that other than a complete re-design of the Fraser River and/or airfield.Cheers, Holger