Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Surprised by Ultimate Traffic 2!

Just  to confirm I am not ghiom. It's his site not mine

14ppkc-6.png

I have some questions regarding these flt plans and my somewhat limited knowledge of UT2.

1) Having not seen the actual Flt Plan files are these following the RW routes or simply going from Pt A to PtB etc (most direct route)

2) I ask the first question based upon my understanding that UT2 allows for RW routes so AI doesn't necessarily go direct route from Pt A to Pt B - Is this understanding correct?

UT2 flightplans use waypoints. These waypoints are not part of the text based flightplans. They are calculated by UT2 when the conversion is done. In fact, you can watch the process take place on a small world map as it happens :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Until they fix the bugs with new airports not having any flights and the worst of them all, disappearing traffic over water, I will not give Flight1 any more of my money. The disappearing traffic should have been fixed a long time ago.

Thanks for the clarification - still learning.... B)

I know that WOAI flt plns contain cruising altitude, If you import into UT2 are they ignored and replaced by UT2 calculated cruise?

So after two years of looking at MyTraffic 5.4 ugly looking planes (low quality models chosen for better FPS), I scratched my head and started googling about Ultimate Traffic 2. After a day of googling, reading reviews and tons of forums with opinions and perspectives, I took a plunge and bought it! And I must say I'm quite surprised how light on FPS is, with much better quality models/textures and more planes at the gates! Sitting on EDDM runway, without AI - 70fps, with 35-40 AI planes - 55-60fps, amazing. I had similiar results with low quality models chosen in MyTraffic, and with 20-25 AI planes.

Now I must test it further, how dense the sky will be on cruise, how good is coverage for commercial and GA airports. Oh yes, one of the best options I saw in UT2 is that you can select minimum allowable number of frames, and when the FPS drops below that number UT2 will adjust AI traffic density to keep with that chosen minimum FPS, fantastic. But since UT2 is very light on FPS, that option will be useful only in very big airports, such as Heathrow, and bunch of giant USA airports.

Also I heard that AI traffic will be reseted every time you enter some FSX menu, map, flight planning, etc? That's not cool on approches when you are second or third for landing and you must change some graphics detail for example, then you will be first for landing, no planes in front. It ruins some immersion, but what a heck, not everything can be perfect.

I'm really pleased with my purchase. I will not miss MyTraffic Communicator UI at all. B)

We are in dire need of an UT3 project.  With so many airline changes, models no longer in use (example being Fedex with 777/767/757's now), and American Airlines starting to phase in Airbuses UT2 is very dated now.  That's why projects like WOAI help but we still are behind the curve.  The models in UT2 are great but we need the program brought into 2014 and updated on a regular bases if possible.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Keep in mind that the routes used in UT2 are pretty generic and not realistic (think quality that the default FS flightplanner provides). They are better than the usual direct routes flown by the other methods but still pretty far from real.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Keep in mind that the routes used in UT2 are pretty generic and not realistic (think quality that the default FS flightplanner provides). They are better than the usual direct routes flown by the other methods but still pretty far from real.

Very true but models and paint need to get updated.  It might be best to hold off until the AA merger is over with but after that USAirways, AirTran, and Northwest need to exit the skies in an updated package of UT.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

It is possible to use more realistic flight plans if you follow the directions. I use FSBuild to create the flight pln file and simply follow the directions below. Works like a charm.

Preferred Routes Directory
A user defined flight plan file can be used in place of a generated flight plan during the compile
process. If you would like aircraft flying between two airports to fly along a specific route, you can
add that route to the Preferred Routes directory.
The directory is located at AppData\Roaming\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\Preferred
Routes.

In this directory you can store any FSX formatted flight plan (.pln) file. In order for Power Pack to
use the plan, it must be named properly. The correct format is DDDD-AAAA.pln This is the
departure ICAO, with no trailing spaces, followed by a dash, followed by the arrival airport ICAO
code, with no trailing spaces, and finally .pln

You could use any program that will generate a FSX pln file and follow the naming requirement above and UT2 will use that pln file instead of generating it's own route.

We are in dire need of an UT3 project.  With so many airline changes, models no longer in use (example being Fedex with 777/767/757's now), and American Airlines starting to phase in Airbuses UT2 is very dated now.  That's why projects like WOAI help but we still are behind the curve.  The models in UT2 are great but we need the program brought into 2014 and updated on a regular bases if possible.

True, but I've added a lot of aircraft and updated liveries myself using UT2's Powerpack, which, with a little practice, becomes quite easy to use. I've added UPS and FedEx cargo flights and modern aircraft, updated all of my United aircraft with the post-merger liveries, added improved aircraft models (freeware from various sources), and even changed the GA aircraft models displayed by UT2. It's quite a versatile program.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Could somebody suggest some airlines that WOAI covers that UT2 doesn't? I have been trying to find airlines that UT2 doesn't have. Another question I have is. Since WOAI uses the same models as most of the planes I have installed from places like TFS, and FAIB does it matter if I install them again using the WOAI installer? I know in the guide it installs them to the simobjects/airplane folder whereas I have all my UT2 planes in there own folder. 

I love UT2 to death! Since my purchase I have installed virtually every airline there is, including all missing repaints. It is a long and tedious project but the results are well worth the labor. The drawbacks I have is, one, the flight levels run on odd levels, mainly FL330 and 350. However, some longer flights will climb to 370. Second, the traffic resets whenever you enter the menu is FS, this really disrupts the immersion for me. I would deactivate the UT2 schedules and install plans from Alpha India, UTT and others as they are more accurate in my opinion. Its a ton of work but I'm an AI junkie. Charter and cargo airlines will need some sprucing up too.

I love UT2 to death! Since my purchase I have installed virtually every airline there is, including all missing repaints. It is a long and tedious project but the results are well worth the labor. The drawbacks I have is, one, the flight levels run on odd levels, mainly FL330 and 350. However, some longer flights will climb to 370. Second, the traffic resets whenever you enter the menu is FS, this really disrupts the immersion for me. I would deactivate the UT2 schedules and install plans from Alpha India, UTT and others as they are more accurate in my opinion. Its a ton of work but I'm an AI junkie. Charter and cargo airlines will need some sprucing up too.

Just installed it again fresh in P3dv2.2, A lot of the models are ok

But these embraers and Erj's models I really need to replace. To bad the Aig CRJ700 and 900 is not working in P3dv2. but Ut2 runs perfect, I might use the Ut2 core engine to make my own Fsx native AI. 

Just tried Kiad and Kden and the Q400 with full AI slider, and still good fps ( leave the jetways out because they sink in the ground and eat fps.)

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

I agree, a massively updated UT2 or market it as UT3 is a great idea.  I am unaware of any such project underway.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.