Sign in to follow this  
Guest Charlie Hall

If you haven't yet....

Guest Charlie Hall

The engines should be running already, but yes, I too wouldn't be sure how to start them again without reading the manual. Please see my message above about going to the hnac forum. You can get the manual if you download the panel separately.

Guest Charlie Hall

Mine takes a long time too, longer than any other plane I have, but I don't have the problem of the gauges not showing up. I did ignore the instructions about putting the gauges in the main gauges folder and put them in the plane's panel folder instead so I don't know if that helps or not. I don't like filling my gauges folder with too many gauges unless a particular set of gauges would be useful for several aircraft.

Guest Charlie Hall

Vernon, you might do best to download the panel separately. Go to http://www.hnac.org and click on the forum. There is a thread there that tell you where to get the panel. When you've got that and installed it you should also install the update that was uploaded here on Avsim yesterday shortly after the main package was uploaded.

Guest dave1812dave

Not on my system! It's the only plane i've got that starts out in a cold cockpit. If I display a panel with the APU switch on it, I can get the engines started by manipulating a few switches (guesswork) and the instruments come on, but if I increase throttle settings I get a master alarm and the engine's sound cuts out completely as they approach 100%.

Guest dave1812dave

Color me stupid, but I can't locate an "hnac" forum when I go to the home page.

Guest Charlie Hall

Instructions to get to the forum: http://www.hnac.org Click on "forum" on the left in grey (choice of aircaft or forum) You will see in red "Click here to access the discussion forum" so click on "here" Near the bottom of the screen you will see underlined "HNAC Discussion" Click on that, then you will see all the threads.

Guest Charlie Hall

For some reason it takes a while for the engines to reach a normal sound. I haven't yet looked at what the engine speed gauges read though. I don't understand why your engines should not be running. Are you starting from "Create a flight"? If not, that might explain the problem. Or perhaps you haven't installed something correctly? Other than that I think you'll need to post your problem on the forum.

Guest dave1812dave

Thanks Charlie. I got a file named a306-v3-hnac.zip. I extracted everything, looked at a 79 page PDF, and still haven't found an engine start sequence. I tried some XML files, but they aren't formatted and I doubt from looking at their contents in Netscape that they are the checklist I need.

Great plane but it's a bear to get started and fly. Is there a checklist somewhere that goes step by step to get it started and get the A/P working? I downloaded the manual and tried to follow it but I'm still lost. I get a flight control failure and can't set the A/T or ALT hold. Any suggestions? Thanks, regards, Bob.

Guest saudi_777

@dave1812dave: Try the following instructions for starting up the A300 panel. Please keep in mind that these instructions are from the documentation for Simon's previous A310/A300 panel, and that I actually still haven't tried the a306-v3-hnac.zip panel myself, so try the following start-up instruction's with Simon's latest A300 V3 panel that you have, and tell me if everything works out! :) Here you go:"First, we will esabilish electric power and start the APU:Press the three battery switches (labeled BAT 1,2,3) on the electrical panel. Now you'll see the cockpit come to life.To prepare the start of the APU open the APU fuel valve on the fuel panel (to the right of the electrical panel). The switch is among the three switches at the upper end of the fuel panel.Now turn on the APU master switch and then press the START button left of the master switch.Wait until the green AVAIL light comes on, then press the APU GEN switch on the electrical panel.Now we will bring the airconditioning and the bleed air system online.Press all switches labeled with a white OFF on the bleed air panel (the panels on the right).Next flip the APU BLEED switch (the lowest switch on the bleed panel) ON. You should see the air pressure rise on the pressure indicator.Now we need to prepare the hydraulics.There are three guarded switches on top of the hydraulic panel. Open the guards by clicking above them and then press all three switches. The white OFF will disappear.Then close the guards again.Now flip the four large white switches below the electrical panel to the top.You also need to switch both PACKS off in order to have enough air pressure to start the engines. Press the two switches labeled PACK VALVE 1 / 2 on the bleed air panel. A white OFF should appear. We're almost ready to start the engines but without fuel they won't run. So press all buttons labeled with a white OFF on the fuel panel (the panel with the APU fuel valve switch). These switches are the fuel pump switches.Now we're ready to start the engines.Close the overhead and open the pedestal.You'll see the thrust levers and below them the engine fuel valves labeled ENG1 and ENG2. Move these switches to the lower position.Now open the overhead again and move the large round selector above the APU master switch to the START L position.Now press the button START1. You will hear the engine spool up. Then quickly close the overhead and monitor the N2 indication on the main panel. When N2 reaches 20 percent open the pedestal and move the fuel valve labeled ENG1 up.The left engine will start.Now repeat this for the right engine. The starter switch is labeled START2.Now flip the APU bleed valve switch to off and press the two engine generator switches (to the left and the right of the APU generator switch on the electrical panel). Next you should press the APU generator button and then press the four switches on the hydraulic panel which are still labeled OFF.Now you need to move the APU master switch to OFF again and the APU will shut down.You also should switch both packs on again.And you should switch pitot heat on, too. In order to do this you need to open the secondary overhead panel by clicking at the empty space above the fuel panel. New switches come up and you need to press (as usual) all switches labeled OFF.You can close the secondary overhead by clicking the empty space again. Congrats you just startet your Airbus A310 up."Also, a fellow forum member (panda234) suggested the following instructions:"You can also just go to the overhead panel when you first start, don't do anything, then go back to the main panel and everything will be intitialized. You'll need to go back and start the airconditioning (not critical) but you will need turn on the pitch control from the overhead before the autopilot will work."Tell me which instructions work best for you, and I hope I've helped you out! :-waveCheers,

I don't get any strobe, wing or beacon lights. Are the effects missing? I see entries in the aircraft.cfg file but don't see any effects for them. They are not in the download. Regards, Bob.

Guest Charlie Hall

Yes, a306-v3-hnac.zip is the panel file I found. I just looked at the checklist starting on page 73 of the pdf and see that the engine start procedure is not shown. But at least it is a checklist. I'm having problems of my own now. The plane crashes FS9 at certain points which I am still discovering. First time it happened was after the plane levelled of at 6000 ft (ATC instructions) and as soon as I selected the new higher altitude the screen went black and FS9 crashed. I figured that since the panel is probably very CPU intensive then something should be done to ease the system so I went through every file in the sound folder and converted all the PCM files to MSADPCM files. Some files were already MSADPCM so I left those alone. I tried another flight but realising that the crash might also have had something to do with the lights being switched on (as I have now found that there are some effect files missing and needed for some lights to work) I left all the lights switched off. The flight went well until near the end I went to map view to check the ILS frequency. When I cancelled the map view FS9 crashed again. So my next move will be to try downloading the original base model just to get the effects files. I don't know if it will help or not but I'm starting to think I'm always going to have some kind of trouble unless there are certain things I don't do, or find other workarounds.

Guest Charlie Hall

Bob, see my message above. I'm going to download the original base file from http://www.hnac.org to get the missing effects. But it will have to wait until later as I'm off to sleep now.

Hi Charlie. Great! I went there but did not find a base file with the effects. If you find them let me know. Thanks, regards, Bob.