Sign in to follow this  
MikeT707

When Might 10.30 Be Available?

I have not seen much of anything definitive about timeframes for the 10.30 release.  Does anyone have any insight?  It would be nice to hear something from Laminar.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

They don't give dates. The first we'll know about it is a sudden announcement that the beta is ready for download.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I wouldn't mind hearing a little something out of Laminar. I've reached my usual state of simming ennui that kicks in after a few months of heavy flying and that's usually only countered by new developments, especially from Laminar, though I've also got my eye on other things in the works right now.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

There was a time when betas were coming out of the woodwork twice a week, but of late the delay is somewhat of a longer nature.

Whilst we wait for 10.30, the stars wax, wane, and nova.

I'm sure all good things come to those who wait so I guess we will have to be patient!

If you're looking for inspiration try something different from the tubes... a VFR tour of Andras' NZ in the Carenado C90 mayhap?

(I keep meaning to d/l some of that Z17 SimHeaven photoscenery for Scotland and run some LoganAir schedules in the Saab)

:lol:

Something is going on... this just in:

(sorry if it's old news but we take what we can!)

Laminar Research has announced it is in development of the Airport Scenery Gateway project, designed to work with World Editor 1.2. 

World Editor is an airport scenery creation and editing tool for X-Plane 10 that allows users to create airports in a drag-and-drop graphical environment.

The aim of the Airport Scenery Gateway project is to facilitate the populating of X-Plane with 3D airport scenery that is consistent in quality and appearance, error-checked, and will work with a standard installation of X-Plane 10. During the past several months Laminar Research has received hundreds of airports designed by World Editor users. By establishing an internet gateway for scenery submission, it will be possible to accept airport contributions directly from World Editor. Some additional features that are planned and under consideration for the project is the ability to showcase the work of the artists submitting airports, as well as allowing users to search for airports submitted and then allowing them to download directly from the gateway before they are included in the X-Plane updates.

The prototype Airport Scenery Gateway has been completed, and work is now underway by the developers to refine the design. Work is separately underway by Laminar Research to add the appropriate capability to World Editor. This will provide scenery artists with the option to export their completed airports directly to the gateway, for possible inclusion in future updates of X-Plane.

(source: PCPilot website via Froogle's FB page)

This is really getting more and more interesting!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

how does the gateway affect 10.30 ..... except to say LR isn't working on an upgrade, just a "plug-in" of sorts to existing !!

for now, cheers

john martin

how does the gateway affect 10.30 ..... except to say LR isn't working on an upgrade, just a "plug-in" of sorts to existing !!

I guess that's just where they're focusing their time right now and why we haven't heard much on the 10.30 front?

Taking a step back, this gateway is an important milestone for XP10 and is a direct response to one of its biggest perceived flaws - empty airports.

That's why 2014 is looking like one hell of a year for X-Plane; if the new airports and the expected improvements in 10.30+ come to fruition then it will be a real "game changer".

:wub:

All gonna be incremental improvements, and even with 10.3 or 10.5 doubt it will be drastically different. Think will see some more airport and art objects. Like to see improvement using those knobs to dail in VOR or com codes. Any improvement ATC, generic airports, more land textured is always welcome.