Sign in to follow this  
Guest william273

screen resolutions

Guest william273

i've been running in 1024x768 and sometimes i'd go back to 600x800 but mostly 1024 now. after getting a new video card {radeon 9600pro} i've noticed i can go higher than 1024 and what a difference it makes! i also use real weather when testing things. i'm trying to get a grasp on a good resolution to run and stay in so i thought i'd ask here to see what some of you use. thanks, william

Guest aca_dia

I run at 1280x960 (I like keeping at 4:3 ratio). I can run at 1600x1200, but I find that on my 19" monitor that is a bit much.Best bet is to experiment with your machine and see what gives the best blend of performance and quality.

Guest RonB49

Hi William,After much experimentation, I run 1024x768. Any lower and you just can't read some gauges. Any higher and I have trouble with fonts.I can live with the type being smaller but the real problem is that words in the ATC text box and those across the top of the screen are hard to read. Some letters are bold and bright while others are too dim to make out. Add to this my color blindness and any red text is just impossible for me.I have run FS9 as high as 1600x1200 and I would like to try that resolution with AA turned off but I can't put up with the font difficulty long enough for a real test. R-

Guest william273

thanks guys, i've got it narrowed down to a couple of possibilities. at 1280 i have to cut off AA but can run AA at 1024.things really look so much nicer at 1280 but there's nothing wrong with 1024. eventually i'll make myself sick and have to make a decision. i do wear glasses when flying but don't need them as much with the default a/c. thanks, again, william