Sign in to follow this  
rishabk97

Creating a Splash Screen

Hello everyone,

I know that for having my own splash screen, I need to have my own bmp image instead of the default one in Uires folder. But, my question is that how do I insert the same type of text "Flight Simulator X" in my screenshot image?

Thank You

Rishab Kumar

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

You could locate the same Font as the FSX Text, then place it on the .bmp using MS Paint. Check in your Main FSX directory, in the Folder called 'Fonts'.

Hope this helps.

Alan  Hobbes_2.gif

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Open the original .bmp in Photoshop or what have you and carefully copy the text etc and paste into a new layer. Then you can copy/paste into your new work. Not very well explained I know, but I hope that will point you in the right direction. I can't think of a quick and easy way of doing what you want to do.

This is how I did mine:

dlgsplash.jpg

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

You could locate the same Font as the FSX Text, then place it on the .bmp using MS Paint. Check in your Main FSX directory, in the Folder called 'Fonts'.

Hope this helps.

Alan  Hobbes_2.gif

I checked the Fonts folder, but couldn't find the exact font.

Open the original .bmp in Photoshop or what have you and carefully copy the text etc and paste into a new layer. Then you can copy/paste into your new work. Not very well explained I know, but I hope that will point you in the right direction. I can't think of a quick and easy way of doing what you want to do.

This is how I did mine:

dlgsplash.jpg

That seems to be a good idea. Will check that out. Thanks

Rishab Kumar

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi,

If you're looking for the logo, try on this page for FSX...

It's in black and white but you could color it anyway you want using a photoediting app.

http://flyawaysimulation.com/news/1619/

Cheers,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!