Sign in to follow this  
arkitekt

777 PMDG won't work with new graphic card

Dear FSX Friends !

First of all, please excuse my english language skills.

I'm sorry to ask, but I have no idea about a possible mistake regarding the PMDG 777 and my new graphic card. I would really appreciate any help.

I bought the PMDG 777 in december, but the result with my GTX 460 Graphic card was not so fine. Yesterday I got a new graphic card: GTX 660 TI. Everything worked out fine, but I can't start the PMDG 777 again.

I'm looking for the mistake:

- Of course I formed/build up a new fsx.cfg -  but it didn't help

- of course I 'm using a new driver for the card.

- MD11 / NGX 737 / 747 are working very well.

- when I try to chosse the PMDG 777 the FSX is starting the 777-Airplane but without the green stripe (or line) with the red countdown ( regarding the nessecary time of loading time). after 1-  2  seconds the sim crashes. Onliy withe the remark/ note of a bigger FSX problem.

- I tried to reinstall the 777 completly new, but there must be a hidden registration, because it was not nessesary to use the order-registration-code a second time.

- From my point of view, it seems like a copy-license problem, but i can't find the mistake.... it won't work out.

Thanks a lot and best regards from germany

felix

Hello

I have something similar to that. You may need to clear the Nvidia driver completely from scratch to ensure nothing is conflicting your new driver. In addition to that, you need to delete all your folder related to your pmdg 777. You must do this manually, uninstalling pmdg 777 will not do it.

I hope this help

David

Hi David,

thank you very much for helping out. Unfortunately Your idea won't worked out. I cleared all Nvidia driver and in addition to that, I delete the PMDG files.

I just started the installation new: same result: the fsx crash when i tried to start the PMDG 777.

And again: there was no green tape/line with the red countdown starting the loading process and preparation of the 777. Something is going terrible wrong.

hm....

Is it possible to reinstall the PMDG 777 and start the instal process completly new, so that I have to use use  my order code again ? Because there must be an old registry remark of the 777..... reinstalling the 777 was to simple,  i didn't need my code again.

I would appreciate any help.

Felix 

Onliy withe the remark/ note of a bigger FSX problem.

What does that error specifically say?

To Jon:   Thanks a lot I delete the shader cache - but nothing changed - the FSX ist still crashing.

to  RWFeldman:  The FSX tried to load the PMDG 777, for a second I can hear the engine sound, saw the Airplane on the screen and after this short moment the FSX is closing/crashing. 

It seems familiar to problems that I know from conflicts or mistakesregarding a bad fsx.cfg - but I renewed the cfg  !  I can not see a mistake.

On the other side - during this little moment before crash - I'm missing the green line on the screen with the red PMDG countdown 16...15...14...when the PMDG 777 prepare the plane /cockpit systems.

There was no comment after the crash naming a special mistake or number  ...  :-/

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP ! But I can't see the mistake...

If you don't mind, go to your start menu, type "Event Viewer" in the search box, then open when prompted. Go to Windows Logs, then Application. On the right, use the search button to search for FSX. Then, copy and paste the result at the bottom here. It will look something like

Faulting application fsx.exe, version 10.0.61472.0, time stamp 0x475e17d3, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00000000, process id 0x578, application start time 0x01cf19079ff3bc50.

Hopefully that will yield a clue.

No green line = not initializing.

I had this as well.

Something had gone wrong with initializing after reinstalling.

(PMDG support helped me out...Maybe the same will work for you).

I think the PMDG777 sees your PC as a NEW PC now.

And that means you have to re-activate it.

BUT uninstalling will hot help, because I think the key remains stored deep inside Windows. Reinstalling does not trigger reactivation.

You have to go into the 777 CDU and choose: MENU > PMDG SETUP > LICENSE.

This will allow you to return the license you no longer plan to use (and install the software on a new computer.)

I think, if you then you restart FSX and choose the 777, the reactivate window will open allowing you to activate your 777 on your "new" PC.

That is.....if you can even get into your 777 long enough to do this.

You deleted PMDG folders, which you should not have done :-(

Do you still have those folders (backup)?

If so put them back.

Shader cash removed.....no idea what that caused.

Anyway if you cant get into the 777 long enough, then you are going to need PMDGs help to delete the old key from the registry of your PC.

I hope that your system is not bugged beyond the point of repair!

Rob Robson