Sign in to follow this  
kennnn2

Can anyone recommend a Joy Stick for MSFlight x

Hi Guys

Can anyone suggest a decent Joy Stick to go with MSFlight x, I have the Logitech Attack 3 J-uj18 but it works one minuet then stops the next, really frustrating as I'm not to up on joy sticks to good, if you could send a link to one would be cool or any suggestions

You're going to get, quite understandably, many suggestions. However, the main quation has to be, how serious do you take your simming? (+ of course your budget) If you want an inexpensive, value for money plastic stick, then I personally could suggest the Saitek X52 pro. However, if you want what I, and many others believe, is probably the best alloy controller on the market, then I would highly recommend the Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog. If you'd like a close overview of how it works and it's functionality then check out my vid on YouTube.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hi Rockliffe 

Thank you for your help and the your you tube help, :rolleyes: flying there now............... Thanks again...regards Kenn

Hi Rockliffe

Just thought you might like to know I Just ordered my 1st Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog but only the stick, will have save a bit more for the other part......let you know when I get it and try it out...just thought , hope I can get the other half  without buying the stick,,,thanks for your help anyway

...I Just ordered my 1st Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog but only the stick, will have save a bit more for the other part...

I'd also like to buy only the stick first. Can you buy the throttle quadrant on its own? I can find only the stick or the whole set.

I'm pretty sure you can only buy the throttle with the stick, although happy to be corrected.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

If you'd like a close overview of how it works and it's functionality then check out my vid on YouTube.

Hi Howard!

... don't know: But i can't find Your video regarding the Trustmaster on Youtube - appologize if i am overssing something, but where can i find Your Thrustmaster video?

Any advice si most appreciated!

Thank You very mcuh in advance!

Cheers, Christoph

Hi Howard!

... don't know: But i can't find Your video regarding the Trustmaster on Youtube - appologize if i am overssing something, but where can i find Your Thrustmaster video?

Any advice si most appreciated!

Thank You very mcuh in advance!

Cheers, Christoph

Hey Christoph, just search on Youtube for Hotas Warthog Video Overview. Apologies straight away for my amateurish and gibbering presentation!

Howard

Hey Christoph, just search on Youtube for Hotas Warthog Video Overview. Apologies straight away for my amateurish and gibbering presentation!

Thank You very much Howard!

Found it!

Going to check it out as soon as possible!

And no need to worry about any kind of amateurish and gibbering presentation at all - i am certain that the information provided there will be most informative and most use- and helpful!

Cheers, Christoph

Thanks Zoran looks a nice set up there and the saitek 55 looks good as well, thanks for the address

Hey Howard!

Watched the video and fully enjoyed it!

Thank You very much for sharing all the info there!

Cheers, Christoph

Hey Howard!

Watched the video and fully enjoyed it!

Thank You very much for sharing all the info there!

Cheers, Christoph

Glad you liked it...

Howard

Late into the topic but I've recently bought a Microsoft Force Feedback 2 joystick on eBay and it has totally transformed FSX! It's smooth, very stable and has no free play in the centre position as the motors, and not springs, centre the stick. Although the original drivers don't work well with Windows 7, I bought the FS Force drivers from http://www.dirks-software.ca/fs-force/index.htm and the effects are amazing. You even get real stick trim - when you make the trim input, it actually takes out the forces in the stick and re-centres it in a new position. Definitely the best joystick I've tried with FSX.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit