Sign in to follow this  
Guest Charlie Hall

Slight sound issue with american_a300-600

>Hi Bill, >I think ATC would have been drowned out on any system. >I bet you get a very big realistic sound with yours!Yes, I do. I have my music sound studio in a reasonably sound proofed room, since my Conn Theater Organ and sound system is in there, along with my "MIDIfied Conn Artiste" which drives custom pipe organ soundfonts. Before I added soundproofing, the neighbors quite reasonably complained a bit... ;) >I'm wondering now if there is a panel issue or maybe even>something to do with the gauge sounds as far as the crackling>is concerned. I will also try to install the panel that was>posted by the original author just in case there is a>corrupted file or some other error. When I find the time, I think I'll d/l and install the unmolested panel myself (I've got to get the manual anyway!). Perhaps I'll look into the sound set you mentioned as well.I suspect that the G2D.dll may be caused by the way the XML gauges drive the sound via the .gau that provides the interface. Sometimes an L:variable in an XML gauge gets initialized after the C .gau is loaded, which will cause a CTD...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Charlie Hall

Hi Bill, I've tried various combinations including the original panel, the base model, and even graphics card settings. I made a full flight of about an hour and a half using the 777 default panel. When I came to a stop after landing I took a look around with the other window views and FS9 crashed! I think I'm going to have to fly something else (probably the PMDG 737NG) for a while and see if it happens, then think hard about what I should do next. The only thing I haven't tried since this problem began is to set a fixed swap file. I used to have this and wondered if it would be better to have Windows control it so I set it like that. I rarely had problems with the fixed size so I'll have to try it again. I think this thread is getting a little old now and taking too long to access, so I'll post something in a new thread if I come up with anything. Edit update: I just went to change the page file setting and found it was fixed at 3068. I am surprised as I was certain I had already changed it to Windows managed size. I've now done that (again, and hope it stays that way) and will do more tests. I have no idea why it was set fixed after I distinctly remember changing it previously. I haven't done a system restore in ages on this computer and that is the only thing I could think of that might change the setting without me realising.