Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

Buzzing the Vesuvius

Unedited shots with the usual atmospheric DataRefs tweaking.

Freeware SimHeaven photoscenery+OSM.

z8Ffmxw.jpg

UHjh3kl.jpg

7cWV2hT.jpg

B2TTCpz.jpg

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest Mik75

Fantastic shots! XPX gains so much realism with the raleigh and cloud shadow tweaks.

Could you possibly post the values you used?

Thanks in advance, and keep these pics coming!

We are getting closer to the ultimate sim. OSM & photoscenery, cloud shadows, someone is working on a freeware app that will allow accurately placed enclosed buildings ...

Fantastic shots! XPX gains so much realism with the raleigh and cloud shadow tweaks.

Could you possibly post the values you used?

Thanks in advance, and keep these pics coming!

I can't say the exact values, I was playing around with the settings, but if you play with the values in the following range, you'll have similar results:

atmo_scale_raleigh = 25 to 35

inscatter_gain_mie = 2 to 5

inscatter_gain_raleigh = 10 to 20

scatter_raleigh_b = 39 to 59

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest Mik75

I can't say the exact values, I was playing around with the settings, but if you play with the values in the following range, you'll have similar results:

Thank you!

I am experimenting a lot with it too!

For the atmo_scale_raleigh, 30ish seems to be the sweet spot. I try to have suitable values for real weather, where maximum visibility and cloud density can vary a lot.

For the cloud shadow part, 0.870000 works perfectly for my liking.

These shots are amazing. Can we just make a push to Austin to make a better Weather engine that supports addons like Active Sky and a more robust ATC/AI engine. Without these things addressed it's quite the screenshot simulator.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Mik75

These shots are amazing. Can we just make a push to Austin to make a better Weather engine that supports addons like Active Sky and a more robust ATC/AI engine. Without these things addressed it's quite the screenshot simulator.

Sorry Dillon, but I have to disagree, without any offense! ;-)

XPX is a FLIGHT simulator, and it does exactly what it states, it simulates flight, and it does it exceptionally well!

With this new findings, regarding the graphics, it gives ME the sensation of flight like FS9 did back in the day when the Dreamfleet 727 and Level D 767 were released! It is so immersive, I really couldn't care any less about AI traffic.

Concerning the weather, I am with you, using only METARs isn't the proper solution and I am quite hopeful that something's gonna happen with the weather implementation in a future version.

Great pics!... been fiddling with these values in the demo, and love the results. You can certainly get some very natural looking lighting with some tweaking.

Sorry Dillon, but I have to disagree, without any offense! ;-)XPX is a FLIGHT simulator, and it does exactly what it states, it simulates flight, and it does it exceptionally well!With this new findings, regarding the graphics, it gives ME the sensation of flight like FS9 did back in the day when the Dreamfleet 727 and Level D 767 were released! It is so immersive, I really couldn't care any less about AI traffic. Concerning the weather, I am with you, using only METARs isn't the proper solution and I am quite hopeful that something's gonna happen with the weather implementation in a future version.

MS Flight had great flight dynamics as well. Outside of a larger world and third party aircraft and scenery it's the same thing. The reason I've never installed a military aircraft in FS before is because it made no since. Without a theater of battle and the avionics, the ability to deploy weapons, and ATC/wingman interaction what's the point? In the GA world there's allot of ATC interaction as well as watching out for and monitoring other aircraft. GA has TCAS for a reason. I won't even bother making the case for airliner simulation. You can't model the birds without addressing the world they operate in. Now that XP has the graphics they need to address the technical world of aviation. I say all this as a fan of what I'm seeing in these screenshots.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I think "screenshot simulator" is way too harsh. At the moment, I think X-Plane is the best global VFR simulator (of course still not perfect), while it's still limited in the IFR arena. A lot of people don't care about ATC/AI (and a lot of people care about it very much!) and maybe want only to do bush flying, or sight seeing over nice landscapes, etc. Others may prefer VATSIM or PilotEdge, etc.

Rest assured, I 100% agree with you on the weather and ATC/AI issue, I was just addressing the "screenshot simulator" which is IMO too harsh a definition! :smile: