Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

ADF tuner bug in the PA38 Tomahawk (FSX)

Anyone know how this can be fixed because the developer doesn't seem to be showing much interest in sorting it? I find it impossible to tune the ADF in the tommy using TrackIR :( cheers k

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Hello Kevin,

On my computer the ADF tuner is working but the kknob serve only to rottate the compass rose of the ADF gauge. To change the frequency I have to click under the numbers of the standby  frequency. When this is done I switch the standby frequency to the active frequency clicking on the button below the <-> sign.

On my computer I have to increase the zoom on the ADF tuner in order to be able to change the individual digitt of the standby frequency.

Have a good day

Benoit

Thanks Ben, that is the only way I have been able to change the ADF frequency as well, but I fly using TrackIR and I want to be able to just look down at the tuner dial and roll the mouse wheel to change frequencies. At the moment I can't do that because the click spots under the ADF panel are so small that the movements inherent with using TrackIR make it impossible to keep the cursor over them whilst trying to select a different number. The only other way is to switch views to a fixed panel view which destroys the immersion for me as I don't fly like that in rl!

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Earlier, I sent in a comment on this ADF bug. Recent feedback from Alabeo is that a fix should be in the next SP for the Tomahawk. Meanwhile, we are stuck with the ugly, hard-to-use click spots.

B)

Earlier, I sent in a comment on this ADF bug. Recent feedback from Alabeo is that a fix should be in the next SP for the Tomahawk. Meanwhile, we are stuck with the ugly, hard-to-use click spots.

B)

How did they word it? Considering that the management is the same with Carenado, it sounds weird that they would release a patch for an aircraft released about 9 months ago.

How did they word it? Considering that the management is the same with Carenado, it sounds weird that they would release a patch for an aircraft released about 9 months ago.

Hello CB -- appropriate question and yes, they are one in the same with Carenado which gives pause. Here is what I received (quoted):

Greetings,

This is a known bug, you can change the frequency by scrolling over the digits of the ADF, and the compass rose shouldn't move with the freq selector, we'll evaluate to include a fix for the next service pack for this plane.

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards

Alabeo Support

While I don't like the word "evaluate", the message makes it sound as if a next service pack is definitely coming out anyway. Let's wait and see what happens.

At least it's not the same stock response Carenado give when they mean "we'll never fix it". In this case they say "We'll consider if we can include it as a modification on a future patch we might release for the aircraft".