Sign in to follow this  
MD83

Looking for a serious, complex regional aircraft.

Guest Lobaeux4

Evening gents.Like the title says, I'm looking for a serious, complex regional aircraft to add to my hangar. I've got Fanda's freeware Dash 8 and it's fantastic! But, I'm looking for more. I've got PMDG's B1900, not complex at all (but it wasn't meant to be, I know, I know), and FeelThere's CRJ. The CRJ is pretty good, just not very complex, feels a little unfinished.So, what I'm looking for is a good complex PMDG-level regional aircraft. I think I've got it narrowed down to the Flight 1 ATR (although I don't like the brown panel) and the FeelThere ERJ.So, any thoughts on either of these?

Guest bigun

Joe,You can't go wrong with the ATR or the ERJ. Both are fantastic add-ons. As far as the ATR panel, you can choose either the brown or the new updated blue panel. Just depends on if you want a turbo prop or not. The ATR is every bit as complex as the PMDG 737 (my favorite aircraft since the day it was released) I have both the ATR and the ERJ and enjoy both. The FMC's are very complete in both aircraft and the planes fly beautifully.

I have been on the fence on the ERJ for some time now. I'm just not keen on bringing my machine, which is very decent, to its knees. I have become spoiled with totally fluid flight, and the PMDG 737NG can sometimes put a strain on it compared to lesser stuff. From what I read, the FeelThere CRJ might be on the edge of poor performance, and quite frankly, that is not worth it anymore to me, no matter how realistic the modeling is. I still may go for it, but I'd like more consistent testimony first.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest danowat

Hi,Well, if you want a regional prop it has to be Flight1's ATR, if its a regional jet, then Feelthere's ERJ.These 2 planes are the best regionals available at the present time, also, both are very fps friendly, for me ;)Dan.

Guest Anthony_D

I just bought the F1 ATR last Saturday. The manual alone is worth it! All 480'ish pages of it.I haven't yet done a full appraisal of its systems yet but here are a few observations in my several hours of trying to find the auxillary hydraulic pump switch:-Compared with the PMDG 737, frame rates are as follows:VC Only - very good, much better than the 737.VC + V Cabin + V Wings - a right hog on frames.-Systems look good. Anecdotal evidence suggests that when you are on batteries only, some avionics don't fire up (e.g. the ND) as they are not on the same bus as the batteries. This realism is good and it suggests that there's a lot of behind the scenes systems integrity with this addon.-You can adjust the brightness of the EHSI and ND. I like nice finishing touches like this.-MCDU has very similar format to the PMDG 737 FMC.-Turboprop sounds are nice. You have the changing whine of the jet as you change power, but the acoustic pitch of the prop sound remains the same (constant speed RPM). However, unlike the Fanda dash 8, the amplitude of the prop sound does not change with varying degrees of torque.Some things I still need to check:- Bleed air isolation / Anti-ice changes engine performance? (I hope so!)- Will braking & Nose Wheel Steering work when I lose hydraulic pressue? (I hope not - unless they are mechanically actuated!)- Need to find out exactly what avionics system is connected to which electrical busbar.Overall, my first impresssion of this product are very high. I can certainly recommend it! I have a feeling that there will be nooks and crannies in the aircraft's operation that I'll still be discovering a few months later.Anthony