Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

Doors will not open or close?

Hi,

First post but need some serious help with this issue. I recently bought the 777 and i was starting from a cold & dark state, APU on and running with my flight plan entered i went to the doors page to close and arm the doors. However i am presented with what was written in the first post in this topic of Armed, Armed, Open etc. down the left hand side of the FMC. It seems to just be displaying the status of the doors rather than options to do with them. Any ideas would be great.

p.s I do not have GSX

Regards

Jack

If I understand, what you see is normal. If it says OPEN, you must click once for it to close, then once more to arm it. Do you have SP1 installed?

If I understand, what you see is normal. If it says OPEN, you must click once for it to close, then once more to arm it. Do you have SP1 installed?

Yes i currently have the most updated version of pmdg software. i was just replying to your post when i loaded up fsx to take a screenshot of the problem but the issue seems to have resolved itself? cant explain what i did differently just loaded up the 777 and and went to a random airport in this case - (28 De Noviembre). , weird...

Those of you having this problem - had you just changed the weather in the sim before trying to operate the doors? (either by FSX theme or real world or by loading an addon) If the pressure changes suddenly the aircraft detects this as a pressure differential between the cabin and the outside air and the doors stop working (as they would in real life). It will eventually equalize and allow the doors to operate.

If this is a frequent problem you can load into the sim using the Ultralight or Cessna, change the weather, and then load the 777, which should then start with the cabin pressure equalized. There's not really a good way to fix this because the plane's logic doesn't really have any way of knowing if an environmental change is legitimate or not. Modifying this system in some way could create cascading problems in other systems too and we'd rather not risk that at this stage of the product's life.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I hadn't thought of that but know that i think about it, it makes a lot more sense. I had changed the weather right before i couldn't not function the doors properly but when i reloaded it with clear skies it appears to work fine.

Thanks a bunch

Regards

Jack

Hi

I have problem opening Cargo Doors FWD and AFT only even after SP1 in both the 200 and the 300.

I do not use GSX.

And for it is not airport or gate or livery specific.

Bill Hagag

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

Hi

I have been having this issue from time to time. I am not sure what it is, but what I did encountered is when I was ready to close the door in the cockpit, I decided to close my ASN program and of course the door started working. I thought I pass this along to everyone.

David

Hi

I have been having this issue from time to time. I am not sure what it is, but what I did encountered is when I was ready to close the door in the cockpit, I decided to close my ASN program and of course the door started working. I thought I pass this along to everyone.

David

If I recall correctly it has to do with a sudden pressure change which may be the result of activating or deactivating ASN. Aircraft doors will only open within a certain set of atmospheric pressures.