Sign in to follow this  
Guest ps76

Reasons for blurries

HelloMy spec: 2800+ 1Gb RAM 9800Pro FS9.1I suffer from blurries and have tried all the "tweaks" with no obvious success so far.I can't remember when it started but i am sure that it's never been like this since the beginning of FS9.I know my scenery.cfg has grown up with a lot of mod 76.4 meshes, coastlines, roads, streams, landclass, etc (freeware stuff + FSGENESIS) I was wondering whether these could be the reason for the blurries since the landscape becomes more complicated...I tend to notice that the blurs issue is less obvious in areas where I have not touched the default package (central america for instance)Has anyone any idea on this matter?And a solution to it?Thank you for your help.

Guest dswo

Something that helped me was turning up the anisotropic filtering. This is something that you set in Windows, not the sim: Start | Control Panel | Display. It may be under Advanced Settings (depending on your video card and driver).

Guest RotorRick

I recently had a similar problem, and my anis filtering is cranked up to 8 (max on my card). One thought of mine is that I don't have much free space left on my hard drive, maybe the swap file is too cramped.The other thing is that on my low-end computer, I've had a bad experience with the FS9 patch: frame rate loss, loss of graphics quality. I know this is the reverse of everyone else, but I AM at the bottom end of computer power, maybe some weird things gang up to conspire against me! :D

Guest ps76

The 1st part of this tip from JimmiG on the megascenery forum helped me with blurries (I only changed the 1st block of 6 values below):----------------------------------------------------------------------Thanks Find and change these values in fs9.cfg (after making a backup of the original)For loading shaper textures farther out etc.TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.900000 TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=3.5TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9.900000TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=30.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=20 //80m mesh, 20 = 38m mesh, 21 = 19m mesh. So for Norcal, 20 is best.TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400 //<---Supposed to load up textures fasterAlso, using 30 miles visiblility in FS. Extended Terrain Textures disabled. Using 8x Anisotropic Filtering and 4x AA. Running an Athlon64 3500+ with a Radeon X800XT but I got similar quality (but lower frames and slower texture loads) with my old Athlon 2400+ and 9700 Pro. ---------------------------------------------------------------------Hope this helps a bit,Pierre