Sign in to follow this  
makdrive

Remote Flight for Iphone/Ipad

RemoteFlight COCKPIT HD is full-featured, touch enabled cockpit panel replacement for almost any of your Flight Simulator aircraft. Optimized for new iPad retina display from the very beginning but will look just as good on normal iPad screen. Enjoy your scenery on full screen and let your iPad do the job displaying the gauges. Customize your cockpit according to your preference, either for pure VFR or hard-code IFR training.

This looks great  :rolleyes: (Specially the radios part)

I am wondering beside tuning the radios on Iphone/Ipad, is it possible to connect your headphones to ipad and even talk to the ATC? (VATSIm etc)

https://remoteflight.net/

Very nice apps, will they work with P3D v2 and X-Plane 10 by any chance?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

That doesn't "look" better.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I use Remote Flight Map and although it is no GPS, I use it as such. An additional small fee allows you to load in your FSX flight plan and use it as a GPS, and you can either fly it manually and follow the bearings or switch on your autopilot and it will follow the route on the map.

I find it absolutely invaluable especially since I don't really touch an FMC or onboard GPS. Yet I can use RF Map to navigate in GA aircraft or from New York to Los Angeles in a 747 just as easily. Worth every penny to me!

I tried the demo of the radio comm stack and it sucked. The outer and inner knobs operated poorly. Touching and dragging simply did not work well. Ironically it seemed the "clickspots" weren't in a good spot. I used it on a gen2 iTouch maybe that had something to do with it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

...I use the Cockpit HD (by RemoteFlight) on iPad2 and absolutely love it. Total bargain compared to for instance Saitek gauges. App works great on both fsx and fs9

I use the Gauges. They work great in both FSX and P3D.

On the downside:

The author is not very good at support.

Has limitations with A2As 172 - but then so do any other cockpit gauges. I don't think the A2A guys test with any sort of pit setup. Wish they would go total geek like some of us do. :)

Extra gauges cost extra - but to be honest it is still really cheap and looks fantastic. Totally agree with david92211 - looks and works better than the Saitek gauges as well as being a bargain.

Sometimes can be a pain to connect if you use other apps - like say a gps app and you swipe over to it the Remote flight disconnects and can be ify to get to connect again - which can blow a flight - in my experience - other may experience things differently.

All in all though I never fly without it and highly recommend it.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

I have it on my iPad 3 and never had any problems with the knobs. Hold your finger on the knob and slide up or down to tune. I wonder if it's an issue with the iPad 2s.

I have AirTrack as well. It's suited to glass cockpit style flying where as I find the Remote Flight apps better for GA.

Will the radio stack work with planes like the realair lancair legacy, carenado's, alabeo's and such? I'm interested in purchasing this, but wanted to know if it will also work under P3D v2.x?

If I have all 3 of their apps, the remote map, radiostack and the gauges, can I run all 3 at the same time on my iPad and swipe between them?

Read the Avsim.com review of Remote Flight. It received the Gold Star award. At the time of the review and and several months later it did not support P3D.

http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.html/_/reviews/remoteflight-%E2%80%93-flight-simulator-gauges-for-appl-r1141

I agree with the David - I think they are terrific and a great value for the money. I just wish he had more gauges like a Manifold Pressure/ Fuel Flow (single and multi), Twin RPM, Jet speeds airspeed (Mach), Turbine gauges.

I use the iPAD 6 Gauges and my iPhone for the AP. I like the MAP and Radios but seldom use the Radios but I would if I had two iPads.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Great resolution on the iPad Air Retina display. I run Map HD and Radios HD most times. Once enroute, I go out to the lounge room with my better half and control my flight from there remotely. I would like to see a throttle/mixture/prop app to complement the suite.

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, Tom - I had no idea it existed. I've got Remote Flight, but I think I'll try this new one out.

The pictures on their website are pretty bad.  Airtrack looks a lot better on the iPad.  It uses a pop up keypad to enter the numeric values.  So much easier than trying to turn knobs.

Tom