Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

New TU-134 with vc

Sadly there are no instructions of any kind in English included in the download, nor in any of it's previous versions, e.g. for starting up, flying,etc. from cold and dark. The panel has very many switches, push buttons and turn knobs spread out over a series of sub-panels but it's not even clear when switches should be up or down. The Russian captions do not help very much either.

I did find some manuals in the Russian language on the internet and translated them to English via Google translate but even then these instructions turned out to be a puzzel saying, e.g. switch on the batteries, do this and that, check that and this and "proceed with starting the APU", without saying anything about which switches should be used, up or down and on which sub-panels, etc.etc. Let alone saying anythying related to starting the main engines, if I ever get that far.

I find it very strange that SCS who produced this nostalgic masterpiece, did not take the trouble to produce clear usage instructions, at least in English.

It's a great pity but "delete" is coming very near for me.

Comments, anyone ?

Hans

Sadly there are no instructions of any kind in English included in the download, nor in any of it's previous versions, e.g. for starting up, flying,etc. from cold and dark. The panel has very many switches, push buttons and turn knobs spread out over a series of sub-panels but it's not even clear when switches should be up or down. The Russian captions do not help very much either.

I did find some manuals in the Russian language on the internet and translated them to English via Google translate but even then these instructions turned out to be a puzzel saying, e.g. switch on the batteries, do this and that, check that and this and "proceed with starting the APU", without saying anything about which switches should be used, up or down and on which sub-panels, etc.etc. Let alone saying anythying related to starting the main engines, if I ever get that far.

I find it very strange that SCS who produced this nostalgic masterpiece, did not take the trouble to produce clear usage instructions, at least in English.

It's a great pity but "delete" is coming very near for me.

Comments, anyone ?

Hans

There is english manuals, earlier in the thread. Nothing real life RLE type but gets you flying in the skies.

Can I get a list of the crew sounds in the aircraft?  I want to create my own English sounds like in the Yak-40.

Sorry for late answer, I was having a serious food poisoning issue... Lesson learned, never eat fish from dirty lakes (restaurant claimed it was clean)!

About english crew sounds I will see what can be done. But it would be very unsual as no Tu-134A-3 ever flew with english crew as far as I remember. Learning Russian may enhance your interaction with the Soviet planes by 30% and you will really feel you're a pilot in Russia having to cope with the stress of flying these jets.

Regarding english crew sounds for Tu-134  one guy has done so and his topic can be reached over this link if you need to contact him: http://www.protu-154.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12674&highlight=crewsound

Hi, thanks but the link he has is dead.  I can't sign up on that website since it won't accept my yahoo email.  Thanks anyway.

If I can get the Russian written version I can translate it to English. 

I have got hold of some manuals for the Tu-134 in english. It contains a lot of information and enough for you to fly it as good as the Project Tupolev Tu-154B-2.

If you're interested I will send it to you free of charge. Reason I can't publicily post is because of a potential legal issue. Will have to check with author.

These documents along with the compiled old manual and my startup guide will be enough for you to master the Tu-134. Finally! :Whistle:

Niceone0267, C:\Flight Simulator 9\SCS\Tu-134\Sound

Filenames are in english so it shouldn't be too hard to work on :)

Here is FSX version

Yikes.  I downloaded it, it's actually a nice looking plane for freeware, very nice, i would say better than the QW-146. 

I found a Youtube video on starting, but i think it was the FS9 version, it's also on 2d panels.

Ian R Tyldesley

Yikes.  I downloaded it, it's actually a nice looking plane for freeware, very nice, i would say better than the QW-146. 

I found a Youtube video on starting, but i think it was the FS9 version, it's also on 2d panels.

Hello,

On that startup tutorial there is many errors, faults and bypassed items that it would cause problems later on. However, it depends on how you want to fly, if you want to go complex or just fly quick.

Personally I would recommend this one here as it follows more correct procedure:

If there is still any interest a manual for the Tu-134 is upcoming, in written, not videos yet. Will consist of the introduction, load/fuel manager usage, with an example flight procedures such as preflight, taxi, takeoff, climb, cruise, descent, approach, landing and shutdown using NAS-1 navigation, as well as some other information crucial to flight, along with RSBN navigation description and FAQ.  Also will have the necessary speedtables, weight, fuel calculation tables necessary to make the right calculations. In fact, you can calculate fuel for Tu-134 more accurately manually!

After that, videos will be possible, as a last attempt of preventing the english speaking flight simmers from being dropped completely from Russian aviation as there's not a lot of people left interested in doing work in english due to lack of interest and other sanctions.

Won't be visiting these forums often anymore as they are very unfriendly with ridicolous suspensions that don't make any sence, if you need to get in touch with me quicker do so via "Tushka154" at www.protu-154.org, or Ilyushin62m at www.avsim.su . Also email is "hagmanc (at) bk (dot) ru", figure it out yourself ))

Tushka,

that's a very good news. Don't let discourage yourself. Slowly this year's GA-season ends (at least for me), afterwards I will explore the Yak-40 and the Tu-134.

Best regards,

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

After that, videos will be possible, as a last attempt of preventing the english speaking flight simmers from being dropped completely from Russian aviation as there's not a lot of people left interested in doing work in english due to lack of interest and other sanctions.

I have been really enjoying the aircraft, as an English (British) person i might have a crack at some Youtube videos to help (or maybe confuse) the situation.  Not sure i'll get everything right my Russian is rather poor.

Won't be visiting these forums often anymore as they are very unfriendly

Very sorry to hear that, Tom can be quite strict, but i haven't seen him be unfair.  As for the members, well like most societies there are friendly and unfriendly people.  I was pulled up (quite correctly) by somebody on this board for being too sarcastic, for every cold or abrupt member, there are more who are friendly and helpful.

In any case i wish you well.

Ian R Tyldesley

The manual work will be started finally this week (hopefully start from Monday) and should go smooth since a friend of mine joined, whether his reason is politics, improval of english, or just really wants to help I don't know. But date is aiming within 2 weeks to a month, maximum 2 but I hope it will go faster. However since I'm not aiming to only make a short wordpad but a full tutorial it might take a time.

There is talks on after release of document, extending the manual to spanish language although this is mostly talk and not a plan.

Real flight manuals (РЛЭ) of Tu-134 is in Russian, and I know it exist in german. But the links for german unfortunately fell down due to a hacker attack. Translation of the whole РЛЭ unfortunately is not easy to do.

Hello FS9ers and sorry for digging this up.

I've recently started flying a FSX port of the Tu134 and finally found out why the electrical power always cuts out. Apparently, none of the generator switches actually switches on the MSFS-internal alternators.

Thus, I've written a small gauge (in FS9 code, so it should work for everyone) to do just this whenever it detects that the alternators are off.

My default flight is cold&dark (battery off) and a longer test flight with the Tu-134 yesterday woked without a hitch. A small status gauge that I'm using also shows the alternators as being on after I load the 134.

If anyone wants to try it out, here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMcUM2ejJYSk51ekE/view?usp=sharing

Only do the FS9/FSX thing, the other one is for the unofficial FSX port and restores the stab trim window (because the 2D panel was removed).

Also a belated "Thank You" to Tushka!

Your manual and startup procedure is an immense help!

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days