Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingair315

AI FRIENDLY - Ultralight Kit & Microlights?

I am sure many of you use the excellent "GA-Traffic" utility to populate your FS world with realistic GA AI traffic - I do and it's absolutely BRILLIANT (thanks again Markus!).The only problem for me is the LACK of REAL AI friendly GA light aircraft around.There are plenty of AI commercial jets and turboprobs but I am having great difficulty finding any KIT, ULTRA or MICROlight aircraft that convert easily to framerate friendly models in GA-TRAFFIC.By framerate friendly I mean AI aircraft with textures UNDER 1MB when converted using GA-TRAFFIC's built in AI texture converter.Can anyone recommend ultra/microlight aircraft that can successfully be converted to AI textures (UNDER 1MB) or any websites offering REAL AI GA aircraft? Many claim to be framerate friendly when in fact they are anything but. Use of more than 2 or 3 of these aircraft brings FS to its knees if you get GA-Traffic to generate a large GA AI file.RegardsAdamPS: Out of interest Carenado aircraft convert very well to framerate friendly GA size. So do some of the older Flight1 models.

Like this one: AI Beechcraft King Air C90 - 3 Repaints with Flight PlansOr...-Army Air Corps DHC-2 Beaver AL.1 XP820 package for AI -Aviation Beauport AI Cessna Citation II G-BJIR -BAE Systems Beech 200 G-VSBC package for AI -British Army Air Corps Islander AL.1 Package for AI-Channel Airways Piper Navajo G-OWLC - package for AI andGAFIN 2004 - Finnish GA AI Package: at http://www.fsnordic.net/Design: M.Maliniemi, M.Laukkanen, A.Salo, A.Pihlajam

RobdeVries.jpg

Hi there,it's been a while since I last checked up on my AI Ultralights but here is what I'm using:* Cosmos Ultralight Trike, by Juan Pablo Benlliure, trike2k2.zip* Experimental Microlight Ver 2.0, by John Cillis, microlgt.zip* Seabird Ultralight SB7L Seeker, by Tim Piglet Conrad (doesn't seem to be in the Avsim library, try simviation or flghtsim)* T-Bird II Ultralight, by by Gerry R. Rivera and Jeridan Light, t-bird.zipBelow is a (rather poor) screenshot of the AI Seeker and Cosmos in action.As with all my AI, I reduced texture sizes and types as much as possible.Also, I equipped the AI versions of these four with the same .air/.cfg combination that come with my AI helicopter starter kits (search for "Holger Sandmann"). However, they probably fly okay with the original flight model as well.Hope that helps. Cheers, Holgerhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/103924.jpg

Guest Kingair315

>The only problem for me is the LACK of REAL AI friendly GA>light aircraft around.> Download _any_ GMAX GA aircraft. and they can all be converted suitable for IA... Get available repaints for them, and install, then convert. Then, remove the originals to keep them from trashing framer rates.Those by Chuck Dome, Mike Stone, and many others will work.>Can anyone recommend ultra/microlight aircraft that can>successfully be converted to AI textures (UNDER 1MB)Thunderbird II is one Im using. The Eaglesoft Citation X will also convert to AI... Bob

Thanks for info Bob. Will try the Thunderbird II for AI.Eaglesoft Citation X is a bit heavy for the Ultralight catagory ;)RegardsAdam

Guest Kingair315

The Citation X is a bit heavy, but it can land on 3000' runways, as Ive seen it do that at KFUL. Its a bizjet, privately owned, and flown by two ex-Russian pilots. A Husband/Wife team and the Wife is PIC... Was amazed the day I first saw it land there, as I'd not have thought that it would be possible. They did using airbrakes and reverse-thrust, then exit the runway at the last exit. Its one beautiful aircraft. It's also the heaviest aircraft I fly.Yes a bit heavy for an Ultralight, but an Ultralight when compared with much of the Heavy Iron many use in FS9. ;) Shouldnt have been surprised though, as in early editions of FS, as early as FS4 was landing the Lear on a Carrier, without restraints by using reverse thrust and brakes. First time I forgot to shut them off and almost backed off the deck while checking out the carrier in spot view.I'd hate to be landing too close behind it. :)