Sign in to follow this  
Guest sb55mv

A solution to stuttering???

Guest LAX777

I have stuttering issues when taxiing and turning on the ground. I tried everything from changing the latency,to updating the BIOS and audio drivers,and I even use fs autostart.I'm running out of ideas.If anyone has a solution or suggestion that would be greatly appreciated. My system specs: AMD ATHLON 64 3200 Processor 1024mb DDR SDRAM pc3200 160GB 7200RPM Ultra DMA hard drive Windows XP Home Edition sp2

tune down your scenery settings. Quite obviously your machine can't keep up with them while you're on the ground.There's NO magic solution that will make FS faster unless you change either your hardware or your FS settings.As your hardware seems decent (don't know your videocard though) it's got to be your FS settings therefore.

Hello,Have a try without Force feedback in FS9, if it is checked.On ground bumps have an impact on stutters and FPS.Hope it helps

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest LAX777

I tried lowering my scenery settings but it didn't work,my graphics card is an Nvidia Geforce fx5200 with the latest drivers installed,and as for force feedback, i don't have a joystick with that feature.Below is an attatchment from hijackthis. Hope this provides some clues.Thanks for your replies!!!

Turn down the global texture size and/or AI traffic. Generally these are the two biggest slowdowns on the ground.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest Moghdad

Try switching to windowed mode if the stuttering gets bad. Alt+Enter toggles between windowed and full-screen mode. It gives me a dramatic improvement and you don't even have to pause your flight.

Keep your AA off or at 2x max, boot up to as few running processes as possible (typical is around 16 or so), lighten up autogen one or two clicks until you start improving.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest paddy

Install GameXP.zip Perfomance Enhancer.(Use Yahoo! search engine to find it under GameXP)It really works boosting up the peformance of MSFS!

Guest Kingair315

Try Options, Traffic, and uncheck either Commercial or GA Traffic. Generally I fly from and into Runways under 3500' and so seldom ever see any Commercial traffic. Unchecking commercial meant an increase of 8-10fps... Bob

Guest sb55mv

Hi LAX777.I have a quickie for you to try, Un-Plug you're Internet connection for Safety, then go into you're MS Config and Un-Tick anything relating to AVG or Grisoft, then re-boot and try the usual flight again, in both Full Screen and Windowed mode, and let us know how that goes.then try turning UP you're scenery settings bit by bit.do report back though, I'm dying to know how this test goes.

Guest macman4

Were did you find a good version of GameXP.zip? Any one that I tried to download the file was empty or corrupt. Thanks, Bob

Guest paddy

Hi Bob,Last night I also was unable to reach that side....This morning I came through 3x within 5 minutes.Try this routing: Yahoo! Search engine - Search word is Game XP - Page 1 pops up - Mouseclick item 2 - When you come through, it reads:Products: Game XP...etc. - Click Game XP and find "Download FREE version".

Guest SoarPics

Before a bunch of folks go goofy over Game XP this should be required reading: http://fileforum.betanews.com/review/1073143067/1/viewAnd this: http://www.geeknewz.com/board/lofiversion/...x.php/t490.htmlAnd this: http://www.neowin.net/forum/lofiversion/in...hp/t130072.htmlAnother (scroll down to the bottom of the page): http://warp2search.net/modules.php?name=Ne...ticle&sid=20270More here: http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25687And finally this: http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaB...;num=1073980231As the last link reveals folks here have had experience with this app. While it shows promise, all potential users should first consider the risks of such a program. And while the developers have hopefully improved upon it's shortcomings caution should be used with any "magical" program that can tweak the OS so radically.Regards,GregEdit: The Simviation link must be copied and pasted.

Install the latest drivers?Just upgraded my Radeon 9800 Pro to the latest Omega drivers.Excellent performance, hardly any stuttering and an increase in overall FPS.RegardsAdam

Guest paddy

Hi Greg,I fully agree with you and thanks for the interesting cross-references!The trouble with this kind of "booster-programs" is, that they will work OK for some people, while being a disaster for others, strongly dependent on computer configuration and default programs used.BTW: What's your opinion about "FSAutoStart"?