Sign in to follow this  
ubersu

A300-600R HNAC Wing leveler

HiHow can I stop the Auto Pilot from automatically turning on the wing leveler of the excellent A300-600R HNAC aircraft? Stelios

Stelios Christofides

Guest Charlie Hall

I checked in the panel instructions and there is no mention of a wing leveller. I guess it's not possible to turn it off in that case. Out of curiosity, what exactly is the reason you want to turn it off? I'm sure I remember being able to bank the plane when not in any HDG or NAV mode.

Go to the aircraft.cfg and comment out the line in the autopilot section that reads use_no_default_bank=1.0. The auto level shouldn't kick in then.DJ

Actually, the aircraft.cfg has these entries:default_pitch_mode =0default_bank_mode =0use_no_default_bank = 1.00use_no_default_pitch = 1.00Which is redundant, since the first pair are the FS9 specific commands, and the last pair are the FS2k2 and earlier commands.Having BOTH is not necessary! In fact having BOTH will cause a conflict, since changing only ONE pair will contradict the OTHER pair.use_no_default_bank = 1 //means do not turn on winglevelerdebault_bank_mode = 0 //means do not turn on winglevelerObviously, changing either of the two without changing the other one also is a contradiction! ;)REMOVE the "old method" -OR- the "new method." There should not be BOTH in the same config file...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Charlie Hall

Bill, I noticed a while back whilst configuring a plane to my liking and which involved making a new airfile, that the FS2002 commands mentioned were included in the original file I was working on. When I ran it in FS9 it added the FS9 commands automatically. So it seems to me that the FS2002 commands should be removed but not the FS9 ones, otherwise FS9 will most likely just put them back in (unless that only happens in the process of making an airfile). Then in this case, after removing the FS2002 lines, the remaining relevent line can be altered as you say. Or alternatively, since I think I remember reading in the FS9 Container SDK that the old commands are recognised or compatible or some similar word (but I think the commands might be ignored after the new lines are added by FS9) then it could be OK to leave both lots in, but alter both relevent lines. Since I've seen this doubling of commands quite a lot I have to assume that any cfg that has both was originally written for FS2002 or maybe an even earlier version, and updated for FS9. I had thought for quite some time that many planes have been updated in this way and the original lines had not been removed. I might try various alteration of some of these lines in cfg files that I have and see what happens.

So true - yet I see this pairing all the time. I remove the use_no_whatever lines whenever I encounter them and go by the SDK for default_whatever choices. My own preference is to set the bank mode to 0 and the pitch mode to 1, but milage will vary depending on the air file.DJ