Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

The Qualitywings Ultimate 146 Collection in P3Dv2

I used the QW Avro RJ85 with P3D 2.0 without the slightest problems:

Yesterday I installed 2.1 and also here this aircraft is working very well. However, I had no chance yet to test it for many hours - just a quick flight and checking the dispatcher:

post-321376-0-27883800-1392374853.jpg

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

Thanks for the info but what I've heard is that the dispatcher doesn't work 100% and also I heard there's a problem with the taxi and landing lights not working from the virtual cockpit and also the tires submerged into the ground.

This last issue though seems to be solved by changing some contact values in the aircraft.cfg file IIRC.

Richard Åsberg

Richard,

Did you purchase P3Dv2.1 ?

Or do you have P3Dv2.0 ?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Richard,

Did you purchase P3Dv2.1 ?

Or do you have P3Dv2.0 ?

I bought 2.0 when it was released but due to all issues I uninstalled it and thought I would wait for the 2.1 update hoping it would fix all issues in 2.0. I was also hoping 2.1 would be released before the 60 days passed so I could have asked for a refund it there were still lots of issues after the update.

Unfortunately those 60 days ran out before the update was released and now when it has been released there are still lots of issues where people discuss all kind of problems in threads all over the Internet so I guess I'll go back to FSX again and hopefully I will find use for P3D further down the road after a couple of more updates and when addon developers have had time to catch up.

Richard Åsberg

Thanks for the info but what I've heard is that the dispatcher doesn't work 100% and also I heard there's a problem with the taxi and landing lights not working from the virtual cockpit and also the tires submerged into the ground.

This last issue though seems to be solved by changing some contact values in the aircraft.cfg file IIRC.

The wheels being embedded in the ground is because the gear suspension isn't working properly (or at all!), not due to the contact points. If you load up the 146 in P3dV2.1 and then FSX and compare the relative positions of the wheels to the gear doors you can see this.

Dave Garwood.

Richard,

Ok, 2.0 you still have.

And yes, it had issues but the planes were flying!

Now, you know from reading P3D Lockeed forum (and here) about the problems it caused for many developers with ver 2.1... right?

I have no idea how long it will take to sort it out but there is no harm now waiting till the smoke clears.

As for QW .. I just read on their forum that they may have a difficult time supporting all their current sales versions .. they are now focused on a new aircraft.

So, if I were you, I would go to their QW General forum and ask exactly which products they are going to support.and for which sims ... p3d v1.4 ?, 2.0?, 2.1?

I am not getting a warm feeling and I have already purchased their aircraft.

However, I am still waiting on aircraft I purchased over 6mts ago to get fully working in FS9 and FSX. They will not be ready anytime soon for P3Dv2.1 .... cuz (IMO) LM is not done yet.

Personally, I am not buying any more until I see it is working in the sims and is being supported.

I would like to see the PMDG 737NG for P3v2, I need a good 737 there  .... but they are sill working on fixing their 777 initial release problems and the SP2 for their 737NG ... correct me if I am wrong.

Edit:

At this point it is hard to tell if developers are going to have to make corrections (Service Packs - hot fixes etc) to "adapt" to P3Dv2.1 or LM is going to fix'em .. or a combo.

Let me know if you find out.

I hate to think how long it could possibly take .... some developers are real short on people resources.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I bought 2.0 when it was released but due to all issues I uninstalled it and thought I would wait for the 2.1 update hoping it would fix all issues in 2.0.

If I can't resolve the 2.1 stutter issues by this weekend (long 3 day) I will go back to using 2.0 as for the most part I figured out how to work around many of 2.0 issues/bugs and OOMs.

Couple of things to think about:

1.  3rd party updating products for 2.1 which may not work in 2.0

2.  2.0 Autogen Radius is larger than 2.1

The reduction in Autogen radius size for 2.1 doesn't sit well with me, I can understand why they did this (to reduce OOMs) but it seems like it was "sold" a little different by LM ... as in they "solved" memory management issues around AutoGen.

Reducing the maximum radius (memory allocation) for Autogen isn't exactly solving memory management issues ... it's a rather simple way to try to reduce memory usage ... this has me concerned - not so much what they did, but how they sold it to consumers in their 2.1 patch status thread.  

Similar quietly done restriction with the LOD_RADIUS values that where hard code a cap at 6.5 regardless of what value are in the Prepar3d.cfg ... it's another "inexpensive" way to try to avoid OOMs.

Anyway, I want to stay positive and hope LM deliver something closer to my expectations ... not many other options available unfortunately.  But I still have P3DV2.0, FSX and XP10 to continue my simulated flight journey ... so plenty to do as I wait and watch.

The wheels being embedded in the ground is because the gear suspension isn't working properly (or at all!), not due to the contact points. If you load up the 146 in P3dV2.1 and then FSX and compare the relative positions of the wheels to the gear doors you can see this.

I was only forwarding info about this issue I read in another thread, I don't even have the aircraft myself.

Was thinking about buying it but with these issues and the chances having them fixed in a not too distant future slim I think I won't.

Richard Åsberg

Just reinstalled the QW146 - worked fine in v2 - I did a fresh install of 2.1, and the "146" is doing just fine.  Nice aircraft.

At this point it is hard to tell if developers are going to have to make corrections (Service Packs - hot fixes etc) to "adapt" to P3Dv2.1 or LM is going to fix'em

On that subject, I was reading another major Developers forum. They have stated their hesitant to do anything with current addons until a final V2 release has been made,, not a bunch of service packs breaking compatibility.(Like X-Plane). It gets too costly for free upgrades. Then they pretty much stated they want to see if their is enough volume to make it worth the effort on future products. Can't blame them on both points its good business. Though the P3D folks are very compassionate, I dont feel, though I have no idea, if it is that big of a community.

They have stated their hesitant to do anything with current addons until a final V2 release has been made,, not a bunch of service packs breaking compatibility.(Like X-Plane).

I don't blame them either, but the same developers said the same thing about FS9 to FSX ... and even after getting FSX SP2 (a year or so later) it took 3rd party developers years to deliver SP2 specific content.

LM appear to be falling into the same "challenge" (FSX SP1 = v2.1) ... I'm hoping we get 2.2 sooner than when we got FSX SP2.  

I guessed the P3DV2.x community size to be around 34,000 (based on license count numbers I have purchased over the years) -- of course it has a professional element also and I'll guess the active FSX community (one's that buy 3rd party content) to be around 60,000-70,000 (based on info from 3rd party vendors).

Interesting information ... sounds like some animation difference?  Hmmm...have to check that out.

It appears LM have made some changes to the XML parser which has made it more strict on the syntax.

If you add the line:

GaugeDevDebug=1

to the [panels] section in the Prepar3D.cfg it will throw up an alert if it finds a gauge or embedded XML that has incorrect syntax. Try that and load up the 146 & it spits out error after error!

Dave Garwood.

I guessed the P3DV2.x community size to be around 34,000 (based on license count numbers I have purchased over the years)

Rob, those licence numbers will also include all the monthly developer licences sold and subsequently cancelled, I would guess that a lot of folks have "tested" P3D for a month using the developer option, some will have done so for v1.0 then 1.4 and again

with 2.0

If there where around 34,000 users (almost half the FSX user base ?) there would be a lot more user names in the P3D threads, It looks a lot less to me.

Hi I have a problem , when I open QW146 distcher me an error: Microsoft simulator 2004/fsx or p3d path claud not be found . Place help

Redbarock.....I don't own the 146,,,,but I read through the whole of the posts 1 to 29 and its noted that the dispatcher returns an error saying it cant find p3d by several of the posts,,,,,someone suggested qw were looking at it but that was a year ago ?

Andrew