Sign in to follow this  
alexcolka

Carenado next project Hawker 850 XP

It seems Carenado is now into the corporate jet add on development. We now can wonder what biz jets are for future projects. I would like to see our beloved Lear 45 in its full glory.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

oops! double post sorry!

• Upvote 1

Alexander Colka

I just hope they can pull it off. I'm just having a little trouble imagining this cockpit by Carenado. How is the world will they use the default GPS in this one?

Ray

Hawker PL21.JPG

• Upvote 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

They'll find a way lol

• Upvote 1

Should be very appealing to the 12-17yr old weekend gamers

• Upvote 1

ZORAN

Or people who have better things to do than waste hours upon hours learning to 'fly' a bunch of pixels.

• Upvote 4

There is some growing frustration here towards Carenado, but that is no reason to attack the people who buy/fly these planes. Nor is there a reason to attack people wanting to buy more complex sims. This behavior of attacking fellow simmers is uncivil and doesn't really do anything but create animosity.

Carenado's style of development can be quite frustrating. With every new Carenado release, they appear to be tackling more and more complicated planes while still doing the same lackluster job of systems modeling. These releases come out one after one, and while other developers such as A2A, Real Air, Milviz, and PMDG take months to hone a single model Carenado stamps 3-4 out in the same time frame. Chances are also rather likely that other competitors will not release similar planes due to saturated market share for a particular model. I doubt we will get a true study sim of the B1900D now by a developer other than Carenado. For these reasons, their rapid release schedule and compromised systems modeling can be quite disappointing to those interesting in by-the-book functionality. 

• Upvote 6

They should create c-162 skycatcher, or 1950s era Cessna 120, but carendo are building more complex planes all never buy them as learning a complex plane becomes fulltime job. They risk alienating thier base of buyers with these more complex aircraft being developed at expense of fewer ga aircraft.

Skycatcher - I don't think so, that was probably the shortest-lived GA plane ever ;-)

(Its actually rather sad. I still don't get how Cessna could f*ck this one up so royally... you'd think that after close to a century of building and marketing GA planes, they'd learned how it's done...)

There is some growing frustration here towards Carenado, but that is no reason to attack the people who buy/fly these planes. Nor is there a reason to attack people wanting to buy more complex sims. This behavior of attacking fellow simmers is uncivil and doesn't really do anything but create animosity.

Carenado's style of development can be quite frustrating. With every new Carenado release, they appear to be tackling more and more complicated planes while still doing the same lackluster job of systems modeling. These releases come out one after one, and while other developers such as A2A, Real Air, Milviz, and PMDG take months to hone a single model Carenado stamps 3-4 out in the same time frame. Chances are also rather likely that other competitors will not release similar planes due to saturated market share for a particular model. I doubt we will get a true study sim of the B1900D now by a developer other than Carenado. For these reasons, their rapid release schedule and compromised systems modeling can be quite disappointing to those interesting in by-the-book functionality. 

Ethan, wrt Carenado, you echo my thoughts 100%... I haven't bought one in years as a result...

A

They risk alienating thier base of buyers with these more complex aircraft being developed at expense of fewer ga aircraft.

But that's exactly the problem I have with Carenado, They are now building what should be complex aircraft but they are not able to program the systems needed to really do these projects properly.

After waiting so long  for someone to build business jets for FSX to modern standards It is a real disappointment that it is Carenado that is developing these models.

Those simmers that correlate realism with depth of systems modeling or scenery completeness have the choice of only purchasing products meeting their expectations.  Likewise, there are simmers that enjoy simulated flight with less complexity or buying scenery products with a sufficient level of detail for their computers.  Each of these groups have the choice to purchase from the few active developers in this business.  We, the simmers that crave realism, should live and recognize those simmers that enjoy simulator products for different reasons, and the fact that there are active developers that still develop for them.  Developers known for high-realism/complexity simulations that see a market for a product should not be deterred from producing it because another developer makes a less complex equivalent since each product would be a different, each for the right customer.  

• Upvote 2

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

But that's exactly the problem I have with Carenado, They are now building what should be complex aircraft but they are not able to program the systems needed to really do these projects properly.

After waiting so long for someone to build business jets for FSX to modern standards It is a real disappointment that it is Carenado that is developing these models.

Then forget about Carenado and buy Eaglesoft - the systems will be excellent!

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest JetFueler

I was just in a conversation similar to this in another forum.  My issue with it is not how they model it but what they charge for it.  They can model as much system depth as they please but they are creeping into a premium price range reserved for products that are premium simulations.  Just take a look at QualityWings.  Their 757 collection is listed at $25.00USD on their site right now and for that you get a 'lite' product which has systems modeling on par with a Carenado plane (and more actually), an entire model range including -200 -300 -F and different engines AND a workable custom FMC.  All of the recent Carenado aircraft are $35.00USD and up and include one model with a few paints and the repackaged default GPS over and over again.  The 1900 is near as makes no difference $40 and for 5 more you can get the QWSim BAe-146 collection which really puts it to shame.  

So as far as I'm concerned, it's not what they are putting out, it's what they are charging for it.  The prices keep going up into essentially the next echelon but they aren't putting out products that reflect that.  It's no secret that Carenado isn't putting out study sims and no one should be shocked when things are off and watered down but I am certainly not going to pay for what I am NOT getting.  I gave up on Carenado.  The only purchases I've made from them lately is their X-Plane aircraft which IMHO far outshine their MSFS counterparts.

Hey! We like realism aswell!  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3