Sign in to follow this  
alexcolka

Carenado next project Hawker 850 XP

That post was referring to Carenado's treatment of glass cockpits. Their steam gauge planes are just fine, especially the 337 and the C90 (I have both). The TBM and 182T were disappointing. Why do a glass cockpit if you're not going to make a reasonable facsimile?

Carenado is a mid level systems developer with a high focus on visual quality, this appeals to many in the FS community, I noticed the Eaglesoft and PMDG banners on your post, if you ever expect Careando to go to a systems level of PMDG you would need to see a clinical psychologist. The Garmin G1000 and Rockwell Collins ProLine 21 systems are impressive in RL, I know from experience (have a friend who flies a King Air 350i for a private company) and I have PIC time in a G1000 C172. To model everything that a G1000 or a PL21 has would take years and years of development and would destroy any PC running FS. I personally found the TBM850 to be a great rendition from Carenado, much better than the Wilco version which is the only direct competition to it. The best rendition of a G1000 comes from the MindStar G1000 and that took tons of time to develop and its sell point is still less than that of Carenado's aircraft. I am however looking forward to Milviz's King air 350i with the PL21 system, their attention to detail in visuals and systems is impressive and I think we can expect to see the gold standard in PL21 renditions from their KA350i.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

Carenado is a mid level systems developer with a high focus on visual quality

We all know this but I think mid-level systems developer might be pushing it  :P 

I noticed the Eaglesoft and PMDG banners on your post, if you ever expect Careando to go to a systems level of PMDG you would need to see a clinical psychologist.

Probably  :lol:

To model everything that a G1000 or a PL21 has would take years and years of development and would destroy any PC running FS.

And yet Flight 1 have managed to do a reasonably good job with the Citation Mustang and the King Air 200. Yes, I am sure the majority of features are not modeled but having the ability to update the navigation database to allow for WAAS and SID/STAR is of great benefit to those of use who fly online. Is this too much to ask from Carenado?  :Thinking:

The best rendition of a G1000 comes from the MindStar G1000 and that took tons of time to develop and its sell point is still less than that of Carenado's aircraft.

Wouldn't it be great if Carenado allowed us to plug the Mindstar G1000 into their planes in the same manner they allow RXP integration?  B) 

I am however looking forward to Milviz's King air 350i with the PL21 system, their attention to detail in visuals and systems is impressive and I think we can expect to see the gold standard in PL21 renditions from their KA350i.

I'm looking forward to the King Air as well but only because its one more hurdle to pass for them to release the Avanti II.

We all know this but I think mid-level systems developer might be pushing it  :P 

Probably  :lol:

And yet Flight 1 have managed to do a reasonably good job with the Citation Mustang and the King Air 200. Yes, I am sure the majority of features are not modeled but having the ability to update the navigation database to allow for WAAS and SID/STAR is of great benefit to those of use who fly online. Is this too much to ask from Carenado?  :Thinking:

Wouldn't it be great if Carenado allowed us to plug the Mindstar G1000 into their planes in the same manner they allow RXP integration?  B) 

I'm looking forward to the King Air as well but only because its one more hurdle to pass for them to release the Avanti II.

I agree a MindStar G1000 integration would be amazing, and I am not sure what kind of coding is involved with allowing an AIRAC NAV Update, perhaps that will be available in the future. As for me calling Carenado Mid Level Sim, I feel confident in that with at least their newer products, anything beyond a mid level is a bold faced lie on anyones part.

I agree a MindStar G1000 integration would be amazing, and I am not sure what kind of coding is involved with allowing an AIRAC NAV Update, perhaps that will be available in the future. As for me calling Carenado Mid Level Sim, I feel confident in that with at least their newer products, anything beyond a mid level is a bold faced lie on anyones part.

I don't know about that Spartan

When I fired up my B200, installed the updates, tuned her up with FSUIPC?  I felt like I was back inside a B200.  (2000 PIC BE350,300, BE200, BE100 and C90 Real World).  I chuckle at anyone who thinks Carenado is a mid level ANYTHING.  XFR.  If you know what that is?  You might begin to understand why I say that. When I recalled how to access the number 2 Garmin 530 in order to use it with the AP, I was amazed.  Not many add on companies go to that level of detail on systems.  I will say that it would be nice to have half bank but not a deal breaker.  Autofeather?  Have you by chance had a King Air go into autofeather in flight?  They modeled that S P O T  O N my friend.  Not only that but their preflight tests work rather well too.  Actually, if anything, Carenado gave us TOO many goodies,  with the dual 530s and the Avidyne.  Should have been a Collins Radar package/MFD and (maybe) a single 530.  I am suspect the reason they did not go old school is that it would not have been gamey enough for the kidlets.  :)

Not to sure if this qualifies as your bold faced lie?  But having real world flight time in the actual aircraft and now having put Carenado's B200 to the test, Carenado is every bit as good as Eaglesoft and they actually threaten to surpass them in my opinion.  It will all come down to how they work out the FMC and the systems.

So far the only thing Eaglesoft has that is in my opinion that is in the VERY good category, is the CX 2.0.  Eaglesoft is just now finally coming in to their own with that one. Hit it out of the park!  They really need to ditch their sound guy and his cartoonish startup sounds though.  (I fly/own the CX 2.0, Citation CJ1,   Carenado B200 and T210.

What is very positive for us all is that we have at least TWO rather good companies getting down to business in the Bizjet arena so that we are no longer stuck flying the tubes over at PMDG.

To model everything that a G1000 or a PL21 has would take years and years of development and would destroy any PC running FS.

I disagree completely.  The Honeywell Primus is modeled well in the Citation X 2.0 at Eaglesoft.  So much so that they brought in a RW Citation X driver to make 5 videos on YouTube to help get the ball rolling for peops.  Not only that but they have quite a lot of documentation that comes with the model.

I have a less than stellar sim.  I run the Ten pretty well with certain things I don't need dialed down.  Not the low altitude high scenery VFR bird but works great at high alt as it was designed.

I think they should partner with Ernie at ISG....

I know right? I gave up bugging him for a Collins 5000.  (Another FMC the Proline 21 uses).

. And no cold and dark to boot.

Here is my method for aircraft that have no cold and dark for anyone interested.

1.  Stock Baron.  Go through and shut off all switches, lights, EVERYTHING.  Save as xxx flight.  Exit Flight.

2.  Load xxx flight, and THEN load your add on model.  It should be cold and dark.  HOWEVER I notice that some of the time there is still that naggy

engine winding down that one cannot seem to get rid of.

So, Exit FSX

3.  Go to your C:\Users\Username\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files

and grab the xxx.flt file.  Copy it so as to back it up, then open in in Notepad.

Go down to...

[Engine Parameters.1.0]

Add the following.

[Engine Parameters.1.0]
ThrottleLeverPct=0
PropellerLeverPct=0
MixtureLeverPct=00
Pct Engine RPM=0
MaxReachedEngineRPM=0
LeftMagneto=True
RightMagneto=True
GeneratorSwitch=True
CowlFlapPct=0
FuelPumpSwitch=False
CarbHeat/DeiceSwitch=False
Afterburner=0

[Engine Parameters.2.0]
ThrottleLeverPct=0
PropellerLeverPct=0
MixtureLeverPct=0
Pct Engine RPM=0
MaxReachedEngineRPM=0
LeftMagneto=False
RightMagneto=False
GeneratorSwitch=True
CowlFlapPct=0
FuelPumpSwitch=False
CarbHeat/DeiceSwitch=False
Afterburner=0

(NOTE Do this for however many engines are defined in the xxx.flt file)

THAT should do it.

Save that xxx.flt file and go try loading your cold and dark flight again.

The sound is OK, but it's not even close to the real one.

Exactly.

• Upvote 1

Respectfully,

Jet

Go down to...

[Engine Parameters.1.0]

Add the following.

Thank you very much for this tip!!

Carenado's style of development can be quite frustrating. With every new Carenado release, they appear to be tackling more and more complicated planes while still doing the same lackluster job of systems modeling. These releases come out one after one, and while other developers such as A2A, Real Air, Milviz, and PMDG take months to hone a single model Carenado stamps 3-4 out in the same time frame.... their rapid release schedule and compromised systems modeling can be quite disappointing to those interesting in by-the-book functionality. 

This is true. so true. Carenado stole the first move advantages, but that's all. I know which to pick between Carenado 172 or RealAir/A2A's 172.  

Gorky Max

This is true. so true. Carenado stole the first move advantages, but that's all. I know which to pick between Carenado 172 or RealAir/A2A's 172.  

I like real air, hell their B60 v2 is amazing, however as an actual 172 pilot, I can say that A2A's C172 is as close as you are going to get without getting on the tarmac with one.

• Upvote 1

Interesting perspective, Jetblst; I'd be curious to hear what you think of Carenado's new Phenom.

Thanks!  I am really not sure.  I hear about people having FPS hits like crazy.  I have no Phenom time nor G1000 time either. So, when it comes to the Phenom I don't think I'd be a very reliable source.  Looks like a sharp plane however.

In the future I hope to upgrade to the Hawker with the company I fly for now, so it will be a lot of fun to see what Carenado gives us then.  :) 

Respectfully,

Jet

Carenado just posted new photos of the Hawker 850XP on their Facebook. It's still in early stages as it seems from the quite incomplete cockpit, but just like other Carenado aircraft it looks gorgeous.

Also this seems to be the first of the "Next Generation" line from Carenado (didn't they do the same with the C152?). Hopefully this means that they will step up in the systems modelling at least to some degree.

Also this seems to be the first of the "Next Generation" line from Carenado (didn't they do the same with the C152?). Hopefully this means that they will step up in the systems modelling at least to some degree.

This is one of the first things I noticed. Does this mean we could see much more advanced avionics and systems programming? I sure hope so. It's up to Carenado to surpass our expectations, and I'm sure they're capable of it.

This is one of the first things I noticed. Does this mean we could see much more advanced avionics and systems programming? I sure hope so. It's up to Carenado to surpass our expectations, and I'm sure they're capable of it.

I'm sure they're capable of it, but do they want to do so? I'll look into this aircraft hoping for the better, but still expecting the worst.

I'm also hoping that with the "Next Generation" line they'll come up with some new pilots.

Guest JustanotherPilot

The decline in quality from Carenado is a shame, I look at their earlier models in light GA aircraft and they were a good rendition of their real life counterparts, now they are verging on the panel quality of CLS. Communication and suggestions with them is like having your tooth pulled, painful but most times necessary. They are just impervious to any suggestions or critisism and I truly believe they do not read any forums about their products or they would take the necessary remedial action.

I will give them two more chances in their 850 and just announced PC12, if they continue to maintain their same quality as that of the phenom then I'm loathe to continue supporting the brand name.

This aircraft screams for a complete LNAV/VNAV FMC based simulation. Let's wait and see what "next generation" means.

Mauricio Brentano