Sign in to follow this  
alexcolka

Carenado next project Hawker 850 XP

I'm sure they're capable of it, but do they want to do so? I'll look into this aircraft hoping for the better, but still expecting the worst.

I really hope they shift from the viewpoint of "more products pushed out at a higher rate, regardless of quality, will equal more profit". I sort of understand the small amount of detailed systems in the light GA stuff they were releasing, but this is a long-range biz jet, and it needs time to mature. If this is released, and is found to yet again be a set of pretty textures with default systems, I'm going to be greatly disappointed. 

The decline in quality from Carenado is a shame, I look at their earlier models in light GA aircraft and they were a good rendition of their real life counterparts, now they are verging on the panel quality of CLS. Communication and suggestions with them is like having your tooth pulled, painful but most times necessary. They are just impervious to any suggestions or critisism and I truly believe they do not read any forums about their products or they would take the necessary remedial action.

I will give them two more chances in their 850 and just announced PC12, if they continue to maintain their same quality as that of the phenom then I'm loathe to continue supporting the brand name.

I agree, and this is why I am more interested in Alabeo from now on. I suggest that you look into them if you haven't already. They are doing what Carenado used to do, light GA aircraft, albeit rarer models (which are more interesting in my opinion). They are a lot like Carenado which means they will still not compare to something RealAir or A2A would do, but since they don't pack complex systems or glass cockpits, they don't feel crippled in any way. They also come at great prices.

I'm personally very excited about their upcoming C177B. I was looking up photos of the real aircraft a few months ago and I was amazed at how beautiful it looked, and a few weeks later Alabeo announce that it is in development.

I really hope they shift from the viewpoint of "more products pushed out at a higher rate, regardless of quality, will equal more profit". I sort of understand the small amount of detailed systems in the light GA stuff they were releasing, but this is a long-range biz jet, and it needs time to mature. If this is released, and is found to yet again be a set of pretty textures with default systems, I'm going to be greatly disappointed. 

I agree, it seems that they're rushing aircraft so they can release more at a time. If they stepped up their systems modelling, a price increase would be acceptable and it would offset the more time needed to develop a model.

• Upvote 1

I'm personally very excited about their upcoming C177B. I was looking up photos of the real aircraft a few months ago and I was amazed at how beautiful it looked, and a few weeks later Alabeo announce that it is in development.

I've got a fair number of 177 hours (from many years ago), and I remember it as a very pleasant and unique plane IRL.  The cantilever wing (strutless) coupled with the fact the wing is set further back than in most Cessnas (though not as far back as a 337) meant fairly good visibility all the way around, in the pattern and in cruise, up and down.  Unique panel as well, so I hope they do a vintage one rather than one with a modernized panel as Flight1 did.

Scott

I've got a fair number of 177 hours (from many years ago), and I remember it as a very pleasant and unique plane IRL.  The cantilever wing (strutless) coupled with the fact the wing is set further back than in most Cessnas (though not as far back as a 337) meant fairly good visibility all the way around, in the pattern and in cruise, up and down.  Unique panel as well, so I hope they do a vintage one rather than one with a modernized panel as Flight1 did.

Yeah, from what I've read, the advantage of the C177B was the great visibility because the pilot is in front of the wings. I just love the way it looks too, very futuristic. Too bad it's not in production anymore.

Here is a shot of the (incomplete) panel of the RG version, would that be a vintage panel?

1613965_675564405834969_679101913_n.jpg

Here is a shot of the (incomplete) panel of the RG version, would that be a vintage panel?

A bit hard to tell, but it looks like it.  Note how the panel tapers down on the right side before the right edge of the windshield as it should.

Here's a link to an example of the correct layout (with updated avionics, of course: http://www.airvan.com/aircraft/n2549v/img/cockpit512.jpg

Scott

A bit hard to tell, but it looks like it.  Note how the panel tapers down on the right side before the right edge of the windshield as it should.

Here's a link to an example of the correct layout (with updated avionics, of course: http://www.airvan.com/aircraft/n2549v/img/cockpit512.jpg

I agree, the panel in the picture you posted does look extremely similar to the panel in the Alabeo version. That makes it even better!

That makes it even better!

Yep.  Also didn't realize until you posted this image, that they were doing the 177RG as well.  Even better! 

Looks like I'll soon be buying my first Alabeo.  I almost bought the 172RG when they released it as, like so many pilots, it was the plane I did my complex/retract endorsements in.  I still may get one, but for the time being I decided that nostalgia wasn't quite a good enough reason.  But the 177RG was a plane I liked enough that it was on my short list of planes for possible purchase.  About the only reason it didn't make the final cut was that I decided I needed, - OK, wanted - turbocharging.

This is VERY cool!

Scott

Yep.  Also didn't realize until you posted this image, that they were doing the 177RG as well.  Even better! 

Looks like I'll soon be buying my first Alabeo.  I almost bought the 172RG when they released it as, like so many pilots, it was the plane I did my complex/retract endorsements in.  I still may get one, but for the time being I decided that nostalgia wasn't quite a good enough reason.  But the 177RG was a plane I liked enough that it was on my short list of planes for possible purchase.  About the only reason it didn't make the final cut was that I decided I needed, - OK, wanted - turbocharging.

This is VERY cool!

Alabeo have said that the C177RG will be part of a bundle, so when you get it you'll probably get the C177B too. I wonder what the pricing will be, hopefully it won't be much higher. But whatever the cost, I'll definitely buy it sometime. Since you've got a fair amount of hours on that, I'll wait for your opinion when you try it.

Since you've got a fair amount of hours on that, I'll wait for your opinion when you try it.

Just so you know - my 177B time was in the late 1980s, which is why I mentioned my "memories" of it.  It's been WAY more than a few years since I've flown one so my opinion will be based on some pretty distant memories.  But those memories are all positive (though I did have one rather scary night flight out of KHSR - Hot Springs, South Dakota on the southern edge of the Black Hills - that was only scary because I messed up).

I never did get to actually fly a 177RG, but based on my 177B time, the book numbers for the retract version, and the prices at the time, I was definitely interested.

Scott

Carenado just posted new photos of the Hawker 850XP on their Facebook. It's still in early stages as it seems from the quite incomplete cockpit, but just like other Carenado aircraft it looks gorgeous.

Also this seems to be the first of the "Next Generation" line from Carenado (didn't they do the same with the C152?). Hopefully this means that they will step up in the systems modelling at least to some degree.

I'm also hoping the that 'Next Generation' tag is an indication of hightened fidelity. But I have to say, I'm in love with the King Air 200 and am having loads of fun flying that about.  Their flight models have geenrally become more believable, from their offerings a year or two ago, but here's hoping that they dig deeper with the systems.

I said the same thing about the Phenom and was greatly disappointed. It's becoming a theme with Carenado.  I think NG stands for "Not Gonnahappen."

Hi Guys - how long do you think before it will be ready - just a guess is fine - want this one for sure - thanks

Rich Sennett

Hi Guys - how long do you think before it will be ready - just a guess is fine - want this one for sure - thanks

I'm gonna say...hmm. Seeing as they already have exterior pictures up with paint and preliminary textures and all that, I'd give it 2-2.5 months. However, if this "next gen" thing means more systems, which in turn means more development time, it could be 3-4 or even 5 months, but they can take all the time they need if this Hawker is a quality aircraft.

"I'm gonna say...hmm. Seeing as they already have exterior pictures up"

Thanks Jackson - appreciate it.

Rich Sennett