Sign in to follow this  
alexcolka

Carenado next project Hawker 850 XP

Guest JetFueler

You live in Chile?

And about the price - don't like it? Don't buy it. I'm more than happy to buy one and use RXP 2D popup. Plus let's not forget about Eaglesoft - they'll have a new line of products that are probably mostly simulated.

Nope, but my girlfriend is an excellent photographer and I have access.  I'd be happy to help any developer that needed more photo references.

And I don't buy their FSX aircraft anymore for the reasons I've stated. Make no mistake about it, people that are complaining about pricing aren't buying the stuff unless they really want it.  It stems from the 'if only it was 10 dollars cheaper...' thoughts. In the end, everyone has their own standards and what the values are on said standards.  For me, personally, I'd rather spend $50 on a well simulated Hawker 850 than $40 on what I expect their Hawker will be.  But who knows, maybe they surprise us all.  Either way, it's all personal opinions and if you don't like the negative ones you might as well stay out of the forums.  Besides, its the criticism that betters the products, not the ###### nonsense.  If no one complained about the ride, we'd still be driving cars on wooden wheels.

I'm not a "Carenado hater" I think they make some of the best looking flight sim add-ons available!

Unfortunately for me they spend too much time making them look pretty and (it appears) little time making them fly accurately. This can be done - as companies like RealAir, A2A and PMDG have shown.

Am sure their new Hawker will look beautiful.

+1 for a Falcon 10 or 20!!

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I really like Carenado work, I think they are filling a space no one can match at this time. Lots of GA and now BJ and not to mention they are covering all the simulation platforms. In my opinion they deserve a lot of respect (as many other great developers out there).

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Alexander Colka

I really like Carenado work, I think they are filling a space no one can match at this time. Lots of GA and now BJ and not to mention they are covering all the simulation platforms. In my opinion they deserve a lot of respect (as many other great developers out there).

Exactly Their Visuals are on pair or even better than PMDG's. They may not have the systems programming that PMDG does but they don't take 3 years to make a plane and they don't charge $90 for it either. I have the J41,NGX and,777 from PMDG and I love them, but when I fly GA or business jets its to take a break from all those systems. I just want to jump in crank the engines and go. What I don't get is these people who say Carenado's FDE is all wrong when most of those people aren't RW pilots. For example Their C90 is pretty close to the real thing handling wise and I've flown the C90 in real life yet a lot of people complain about it and say it's all wrong when many of those people haven't even flown a C152 in real life let alone a Kingair. Something all planes lack in flight sim from freeware to PMDG birds is feel and no matter how good the FDE is it'll never feel like the real thing and sometime people seem to forget that. My point is I've flown alot of the planes Carenado has made in real life and Carenado's planes fly close enough to the real thing to satisfy me. Its time folks who have never even flown a real plane get off Carenado's case about their FDE and all the other stuff they complain about.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

100% agree with you, as you said I feel the same way, those Carenados are really great for taking a break from the deep, complicated add ons.

Alexander Colka

My only problem with Carenado is that the customers are the beta testers, and then only a few of the bugs get fixed with the required patches.

As far as systems go, well there are three types. Low, Medium, High. Carenado is Medium. Just about everyone should know that by now. The Carenado "hate" is easy to understand because their models are unbelievably detailed, and some of the very best graphic representations ever. So our collective logic assumes system competence should follow the great graphics.

Thats just not their calling card. That doesn't mean it can become so in the future. Maybe they don't have the personnel to do that yet.

At any rate, I feel TBM 850 is one of their very best planes. The avionics have enough functionality to operate the plane similar to the real thing. Its a fun plane for a snow day like today.

When I get "serious", I have some of those too.

As far as the fear of "they already did that, so we wont" fear goes...  There's got to be hundreds of the same top winger by now... the King Air now has multiple versions by everyone. There are at least three comps with the Avanti P-180 II.. yet MilViz has plans for one (In that case, most likely The one.. lol!).

The bottom line is; It's your money. Every time you spend it, you place a vote. It's up to the devs on how many votes they want.

Who's the others doing the Piaggio?

Mario Noriegga did a freeware P180

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I believe Milviz has an Avanti in the midst, along with the Mu-2.

There is no reason to bash Carenado, they make what they make.  Judging by screenshots on here and other forums like Orbx, Carenado planes must sell very well too.  I think some folks are more interested in looking at scenery than following exact aircraft procedure, which is fine.  To each their own.

With a few user tweaks, Accufeel and RXP,  the 337 is a very enjoyable plane to fly.  Sure, I wish it had accusim depth that really simulated the Skymaster's quirks, but it is what it is.  I can still run through a virtual checklist and click most of the switches, even knowing they are just dummy switches, it is still good practice.  

The beauty of FSX is we have choices.  If you don't like Carenado's style, don't buy their stuff, just wait for another developer to make what you want.  I have a simple solution for the Alabeo/Carenado-itis 'pretty plane' bug.  I wait until the plane reaches the F1 wrapper, buy it, try it out.  If it is passable and enjoyable enough, I keep it, if not I return it for a refund.

Cheers

TJ

Who's the others doing the Piaggio

MilViz, future project.

Already:

Wilco (horrendous junk)

FSD International

Who's the others doing the Piaggio?

Mario Noriegga did a freeware P180

And its a honey of a plane. Just watch your ITT's on takeoff  B)

The Carenado "hate" is easy to understand because their models are unbelievably detailed, and some of the very best graphic representations ever. So our collective logic assumes system competence should follow the great graphics.

I don't think anyone "hates" Carenado. I sure don't. When I'm in the mood to take screenshots and not worry about programming an FMC, I go jump in the 337 or or the Malibu Mirage and go fly around Orbx PNW.

I think that is the issue a lot of people have with them. Why do simulate a plane with "systems" and not model those systems. I can understand offering Reality XP integration but a lot of their planes have the G1000, why not offer Mindstar integration as well?

As for the Beech 1900 and Hawker, why do those if you're not going to spend the same amount of time on the systems as they do on the admittedly gorgeous textures?

Luckily there are enough developers in simming creating great products to meet pretty much every need.

I just really wish Carenado would do systems the same justice they do textures....

Ok I have a vast fleet of Carenado Aircraft (all of them their HD series + later), while Carenado is definitely no PMDG in terms of simulated systems, they have gotten MUCH better in terms of FDE and some systems complexity. If you think Carenado is garbage imagine an FSX without them, we would only have the Flight 1 B200 (which admittedly is not a bad King Air but its no PMDG) and only the buggy TBM850 from Wilco. Carenado and Alabeo are willing to make moderate level simulation aircraft for 30-40 USD that no one else wants to do and all I see are complaints that it will not be PMDG or Majestic quality instead of being happy that someone professional actually made a very pretty rendition of the aircraft. I have edited some Carenado FDE's to make them operate more true to life, with the B1900D I have not had to do that, they pretty much nailed it and if you want more realism in the B1900D (which BTW the Carenado one beats the PMDG one flat out) just install the Reality XP GNS530. Given the FMS in the Carenado B1900D is extremely basic and I really don't care, it just neat to see that Carenado even made one (this is their FIRST FMS). If you have such disdain for Carenado's products then fine, you are entitled to your opinion, however consider all the people who do buy Carenado products that get entertainment out of flying them and imagine if Carenado didn't exist and all those people made almost constant pointless threads about I want this plane or that plane with these systems and I want it NOW or in a year. When I purchase a Carenado aircraft I know what to basically expect and when they go a little bit beyond that I smile at the progress, and that is one thing that Carenado has done and has done well, is make forward progress.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

Any bets on what the two-man crew will look like? STP is my bet.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Ok I have a vast fleet of Carenado Aircraft (all of them their HD series + later), while Carenado is definitely no PMDG in terms of simulated systems, they have gotten MUCH better in terms of FDE and some systems complexity. If you think Carenado is garbage imagine an FSX without them, we would only have the Flight 1 B200 (which admittedly is not a bad King Air but its no PMDG) and only the buggy TBM850 from Wilco. Carenado and Alabeo are willing to make moderate level simulation aircraft for 30-40 USD that no one else wants to do and all I see are complaints that it will not be PMDG or Majestic quality instead of being happy that someone professional actually made a very pretty rendition of the aircraft. I have edited some Carenado FDE's to make them operate more true to life, with the B1900D I have not had to do that, they pretty much nailed it and if you want more realism in the B1900D (which BTW the Carenado one beats the PMDG one flat out) just install the Reality XP GNS530. Given the FMS in the Carenado B1900D is extremely basic and I really don't care, it just neat to see that Carenado even made one (this is their FIRST FMS). If you have such disdain for Carenado's products then fine, you are entitled to your opinion, however consider all the people who do buy Carenado products that get entertainment out of flying them and imagine if Carenado didn't exist and all those people made almost constant pointless threads about I want this plane or that plane with these systems and I want it NOW or in a year. When I purchase a Carenado aircraft I know what to basically expect and when they go a little bit beyond that I smile at the progress, and that is one thing that Carenado has done and has done well, is make forward progress.

o.............................k

o.............................k

I am just tired of Carenado getting branded horrible or useless visual junk when its not that. If you want useless junk go buy the TBM850 or CRJ Next Gen from Wilco, even better go buy Abacus products, those are the bane of the Flight Sim worlds existence.

• Upvote 1

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

I am just tired of Carenado getting branded horrible or useless visual junk when its not that. If you want useless junk go buy the TBM850 or CRJ Next Gen from Wilco, even better go buy Abacus products, those are the bane of the Flight Sim worlds existence.

If you read my posts, nowhere did I say they were horrible or useless junk as I think they are one of the better publishers of FSX add-on's out there. I quite like the 337 and I fly it, the C90, and the Mirage quite a bit. My issue has always been why make something with a G1000 or an FMS and not model that properly, especially after putting in the effort to make it look gorgeous. That is my only issue.