Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Lockheed Releases P3D V2.1

It's not really surprising that people are having problems. Non compatible software, migration tools, etc. I have one or two bits and pieces so fully expect to have to do a full install.

It's not really surprising that people are having problems. Non compatible software, migration tools, etc. I have one or two bits and pieces so fully expect to have to do a full install.

So as it turns out.. the update bombs if you have a custom install location..

Mine worked with a custom location, though it took about five minutes to actually start copying files. I do keep my FS drive set-up like my C: drive with a Program Files (x86) folder, as generally all I need do is change the drive letter when installing, and everything ends up in the same folder configuration... though I doubt it makes any difference as long as the reg path is intact as far as the patch goes... it worked correctly anyway.

I seen game patches make a total mess of some games, esp. those into which loads of add-on get used... Skyrim for example, had all sorts of breakages with official patches not playing nice with some add-ons, so it could well be a similar case here.

So from what I understand, lower frame rate but smoother?

What about OOMs?

Personally i can't tell a difference in performance. OOM's still occur like they did pre-patch. Autogen set to dense, shadows on low and everything else on medium.

Using FTX Global, FS Global Ultimate and Airbus X. 

i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz

7970 Toxic 6GB

16GB DDR3 1600Mhz

Personally i can't tell a difference in performance. OOM's still occur like they did pre-patch. Autogen set to dense, shadows on low and everything else on medium.

Using FTX Global, FS Global Ultimate and Airbus X. 

i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz

7970 Toxic 6GB

16GB DDR3 1600Mhz

So the memory leaks weren't fixed? Doesn't sound good.

So as it turns out.. the update bombs if you have a custom install location.. at least it did for me..  Seems that it actually copies files to c: pf then bombs out..

I use a different install location and didn't experience any issue with patch update ... if you had the migration tool installed that "I think" that might cause this problem.  I've never used or installed the migration tool.

Still haven't solve the bad case of the stutters ... anyone have a stutter free nVidia Inspector settings that I could give a go?  Tried several an still no go on stutter improvements.

Odd thing, doesn't stutter while on the ground, only once I take-off -- clouds and water seem to be the primary cause as when I fly just over land (say Arizona) it's stutter free, but go to the St.Marteen or SF/Bay Area and I get considerable stutters.

Quick bite - updated via patch successfully ... After some test runs, including reinstalling orbx global/vector and adjusting graphics setting I have noticed: I am able to run with higher density graphics settings...

... Also, the FPS has increased slightly but the overall smoothness is much improved.... And that's from a system producing 12fps with graphics maxed out except for shadows and bathcemetry. It's interesting as in the pass the graphics just seemed a jerkier as FPS dropped. Now it feels more solid.... Good job LM!

On the flips side, having some trouble with displaylink USB monitors... Have to look at that some more. Also, the auto-generated doesn't seem to extend as far put as before... But, the textures are absolutely brilliant. So, all in all, X c lent work LM. More testing to perform.....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

So the memory leaks weren't fixed? Doesn't sound good.

For me atleast, the problem remains the same. We'll all probably have different results. Tried with a fresh install w/ no addons and i'm still running into the OOM's.

I use a different install location and didn't experience any issue with patch update ... if you had the migration tool installed that "I think" that might cause this problem.  I've never used or installed the migration tool.

I had used EMT migration tool.. but it was set to disable virtual fsx when I tried the update.. maybe the act of running it in the first place messed things up..

I may uninstall (copy my full install to a different directory) then reinstall 2.0 to the custom location, then copy back my full install and then try the update to see if it can succeed.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

FSUIPC works and installed fine for me with a new install. It did give the version message Pete stated but I just ignored it.

If it gave a version warning then you are not using 4.929, and it wil not work properly and may cause crashes. Almost every single hook FSUIPC places into P3D has changed.  I cannot support folks using the wrong version.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Still haven't solve the bad case of the stutters ... anyone have a stutter free nVidia Inspector settings that I could give a go?  Tried several an still no go on stutter improvements.

Odd thing, doesn't stutter while on the ground, only once I take-off -- clouds and water seem to be the primary cause as when I fly just over land (say Arizona) it's stutter free, but go to the St.Marteen or SF/Bay Area and I get considerable stutters.

Rob, have you tried running with unlimited frames and vsync off? That's what I'm running and get no stutters, tearing, or blurries. Note that I am running Win 8.1 but not sure if that makes a difference.

Edit:

And just saw this post from LM:

Sounds like the foreground threads aren't getting enough time. Try clearing for affinity mask and running with our default. Also try turning off the frame lock. We've heard about framerate limiter issues on some machines. If you have the framerate lock set to unlimited you get a fixed percentage of the frame spent on background loading jobs rather than whatever is left before your cap limit. Now that the sim-time rounding error that cause the worst of the micro stutters is fixed, locking to exactly 20 or 30 isn't as important.

Beau Hollis

Rendering System Lead - Prepar3D® Team

Also had no issues with a custom install location on my F drive, but I wasn't using non-V2 apps (minus a few FSX aircraft).

I have read a few emails where some are having issues. I think it is important that we not be quick to point the finger at LM if you are running product that is not, for a lack of a better word "p3dv2 approved".  I am not being protective here just logical. This is why I started with a fresh install, then easy as u go, 1 addon at a time then...... wait for it................TEST.

Love you all!

Regards

Bob

memory leaks

What memory leaks. im running Orbx Global Couple addon aircraft and not having any degrading of VAS.

Quote from Beau to help with installation issues:

To clarify the original post a bit, deleting all the Prepar3D generated files should put Prepar3D back into a clean state. The end result of deleting the files before or after patching should be the same as completely uninstalling Prepar3D and installing the full 2.1 install but with a much smaller download and quicker install. You will still have to reconfigure the simulation and re-install add-ons though.

If you want to keep all your settings and add-ons, you can run the patch without clearing these files. If you have issues though, deleting these folders is a quick way to repair your Prepar3D install without uninstalling/reinstalling. Saving backups for reference is a good idea though, especially in the case of the USERPROFILE folders which contains your saved missions and flights.

Note that some add-ons such as FTX Global do overwrite core Prepar3D content files, so clearing Prepar3D generated files won't fully disable them. Sometimes the only way to resolve corrupted add-on installs is to completely reinstall and install.

As for why we suggest deleting these files, they might have bad data in them for a myriad of reasons:
- dll.xml or exe.xml may points to add-ons which uses FSUIPC (May cause crashes until a new version is released which compiles against our latest dlls)
- We have better default control mappings
- We have better defaults for some Prepar3D.cfg options
- Shader cache contains hundreds of old cached shaders from v2.0. New shaders will compile but the additional files may slow down file look-ups and degrade performance
- Some 2.0 bugs caused bad data to write into save files
- Some bugs caused bad settings to write to Prepar3D.cfg
- Add-on installers may have written bad data into any of these files
- etc, etc, etc

We understand that a full install is time consuming, but please at least try backing up your generated files and clearing them before posting bugs here. If a bug is known to be reproducible on a clean install, we are far more likely to track it down and fix it.

Thanks

Beau Hollis
Rendering System Lead - Prepar3D® Team

One good thing. I can now at least use AS2012 for a weather engine as the temperature thing seems to be resolved. Now waiting for an ASN P3DV2.