Sign in to follow this  
Guest Charlie Hall

Flight1 wxRE

Hi Eric,Thanks for the purchase! I hope that you will visit our forum here at AVSIM, a little bit further down the forum page. We make announcements there, post updates, and answer as many user questions as possible. Post over there or just stop by!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Hi All,I didn't post about this yet, but the time has come. After purchasing AS2004 Tim did have some concerns about our program. He and I did communicate a few times and he came to realize the limitations of our program. In posting his opinion he did nothing wrong and did not attack our product. I thank those who made valid suggestions to him. At this point if I could lock this thread I would, but I can't, so I am asking that this be respectfully ended.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest allblack

Hi Glenn,That's what I'm thinking about at the moment. It was something I was going to post on the AS forum page, but then the Flight1 ATR arrived in the post and I kind of got sidetracked...I guess when I find the time to understand METARS and TAF's I can look at this - I thought about using the archived weather function, and see how I can choose weather I like, as opposed to what Mother Nature has given at any particular time.As I've mentioned to Jim, I'm from New Zealand and like to fly here, but we have REALLY boring weather!I agree it's an awesome program - and although it didn't meet my expectations (which I'll say again is my fault) I need to take the time to find a way to set some weather up that I want at any particular time and save it.Now, if I didn't have to work five days a week....CheersTim

Guest panda234

Tim, I'd try and find the time, it really is awesome. It's one of 2 or 3 "must haves" for fs9. As you've prolly noticed, the support is awesome, and this isn't even the support forum, hehe. Give it an honest go, it'll really enhance your simming experience. And I have that problem at 50 feet too, that darn aircraft is just too realistic. :-)billg

Guest Charlie Hall

Hi Tim, I don't think Jeroen is likely to reply, so you could try looking at the AS support forum where I am sure you will find plenty of comments about the accuracy of the weather. I was wondering why you purchased ActiveSky if you were already happy with the built in weather themes in FS. I have to admit that I think the built in themes are excellent for when I don't want to fly in the current real weather. Bye for now.

Guest allblack

Hi Charlie,Though this subject is pretty much dead-wood, I'll give you the courtesy of a reply.I found the FS weather themes acceptable in the overall package, but after looking more and more at ActiveSky, I thought it would give me the same, but 100 times better.And it does. I've found one thunderstorm and it was sensational. (Again) I expected AS would offer themed weather as well as real-life. But it doesn't, and they don't advertise as such either. Just an assumption I made....In about three minutes I'm sussing out the archive weather function.CheerioTim

Guest Charlie Hall

Hi Tim, As long as you know when the particular weather you are looking for occurred and provided it is after the HiFi database was set up, I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised when you try the archived weather. Also there is a member here called Scott Gridley who has made some weather files available here in the AvSim library which should interest you. I understand that he based his weather files on weather found with the AS weather program. If you do a search in the library with his name you should find his files. As I understand it I think his later one even works without AS but still gives the same quality of weather. Bye for now.