Sign in to follow this  
Alex155

CPU's using AMD FX-8350 in FSX

I have 8350FX Overlocked to 4.6 ghz

AffinityMask=255

It is normaly using of cpu's in FSX?

CPU 7 - 100% CPU 8 - 80% and the others is so-so working.

post-324687-0-53013600-1392163303.jpg

How can i change this situation?

I assume SP1/SP2 are installed? Keep in mind that FSX will just use the additional cores for texture loading. If you're not moving, not much for them to do.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

I have an FX-8320 @ 4.3ghz, I've actually found I get best results after removing AffinityMask from my FSX.cfg. I have acceleration installed. 

As Luke says you will really only see one core being used most of the time and the others picking up either when loading textures or to support things like AI aircraft.

In my BIOS I have disabled everything that will reduce CPU power usage or reduce speed. I also make sure my Windows power profile is set to high performance.

I've found the best test to see what cores are being used is to pan the view around the virtual cockpit of a complex 3rd party aircraft - for me the IRIS PC-21 flying over Orbx PNW demo area pushes up CPU usage on all cores doing that. My Realair Legacy and Duke Turbine use less and I usually see better frame rates when flying them.

As you have quite an overclock set have you checked it with Intelburntest and Prime95 for stability and watched to check your frequency and temps?  It is not uncommon to have an overclock that is not as stable as you think but without blue screening or crashing.

Regards

BGL

The problem is the fsx main tread the one at 100%.

The Ipc of à Haswell is 60-70% faster than the FX series even phenom II have better Ipc.

Saab340 or Dazz can explain it better than me ( bad eng ).

I have à couple of Amd for example FX8350 and FX9590 tested in FSX.