Sign in to follow this  
skysurfer23

GPS Broken after P3D 2.1 Patch

Just updated P3D to 2.1 and now the GPS isn't showing any labels no matter what level declutter is set to. I have already tried reinstalling the aircraft and the issue persists.  Also the engine fire light is on as soon as the aircraft loads which has never happened before......... this is specific to the 1900d but i've seen the same gps issue in other carenado aircraft that i own.  GPS/G1000 on all other aircraft including the default P3D ones are fine.  Any ideas on what the problem could be? 

That's actually not even a line path, its just a random line, i didn't have a flight plan or anything.  Do you also have the engine fire warning lights coming on or just the gps problem? 

I put in a ticket yesterday .. False Engine Fire and SHFT + 8 menu items (cold and dark etc) are inop.

Garmin has a few issues ... but I have only done limited testing .. seems to fly the route ok (using MFD) but I must check some more later today.

post-140279-0-01692100-1392307514.jpg

post-140279-0-34561100-1392307528.jpg

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

The problem is that L-M has tightened down the XML parsing engine quite a bit, and it no longer ignores minor syntax errors...

...even my own 'custom gauges' that access the gps.dll engine no longer work, so I'll have to find and fix my own boo-boo...  :blush:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Good news is Carenado said they're working on a fix for the problem, bad news is no info on when this will be fixed. 

from Carenado Support: 

Since the P3D v2.1 release we're having numerous issues reported, there are many aircraft not working, malfunctioning avionics, graphics, etc. we're investigating the cause for all of these. It seems that P3D changed something in the software structure and that is causing problems. Once the origin of the issues is found, service packs for our products will be released.

Luckly, with this aircraft, you can still load a flight plan and go fly while they patch up.

Best Regards,

I did figure out how to fix the Avidyne, go into the aux menu and declutter settings and make everything visible, go back to the map and cycle declutter,  it seems the default is to have everything off, extend the range and it you'll at least have one functional gps. 

All I have ever done is load a flight plan, set the MFD  (Avidyne) "range" to what I wanted and then go fly.

Best Regards,

I did figure out how to fix the Avidyne, go into the aux menu and declutter settings and make everything visible, go back to the map and cycle declutter,  it seems the default is to have everything off, extend the range and it you'll at least have one functional gps. 

Do you get airports as well as terrain outlines? I tried your fix and while I now see terrain I don't see any airports, navaids, etc. And yes I made them visible in the aux/declutter menu!  ^_^

- Bill Magann

Do you get airports as well as terrain outlines? I tried your fix and while I now see terrain I don't see any airports, navaids, etc. And yes I made them visible in the aux/declutter menu!  ^_^

You might also have to go into aux and under airport filter make sure airports are checked, here's screenshots of what the screens should look like. 

post-336387-0-46110100-1392571793.png

post-336387-0-61936900-1392571795.png

post-336387-0-08885800-1392571797.png

You might also have to go into aux and under airport filter make sure airports are checked, here's screenshots of what the screens should look like. 

First, thank you for posting the images. Very helpful. However, I did all of that and my map screen just has the terrain. But, I have been known to make mistakes, so i will try again. 

- Bill Magann

First, thank you for posting the images. Very helpful. However, I did all of that and my map screen just has the terrain. But, I have been known to make mistakes, so i will try again

no problem, are the dots on your declutter screen also blue?  If they're black then things won't show even if the box is checked and it says on.  That's the only other thing i can think of 

I had failed to make sure that the check boxes were checked in addition to the display items reading "on". Once I did that, no worries. Thanks again!

- Bill Magann