Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fibble1

FS Enhancer (Lago)

Guest Tumbleweed

Hi thereJust wondering what the general comments are on Lago's FS Enhancer. Am quite interested in purchasing it and am interested to know whether the added value is worth the cost.Any comments welcome.ThanksErich

Guest Waltm

I like it primarily for the ability to add sounds to scenery. That for me is worth the price of admission. There's no other FS product like it. However, if you're looking to implement FSE's latest feature--sharing scenery modules with other users--Lago is still working out the bugs.-- Walt

I have used it since it originally came out. The good:-easy to use, you can see objects and place them exactly where you want them-you can add a lot of objects and still keep higher framerates (some of the newest objects do bring down fps a bit more)-custom objects are starting to show up in the libraryThe bad:-the sharing library is only working for some people, and is still going through some growing pains. The library works fine for me, but others are reporting issues. Some of the filtering options aren't working as well as they could. Check out http://www.lagosim.com/ for more info. Personally I like the program. It allows me to easily add a lot of objects to enhance the default airports, while not getting much of a framerate hit. For example, yesterday I added passenger gates and some airport vehicles to KIAH. After about 45 minutes of work, I had gates and other objects all over the airport.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I'll second Craig's comments. I've not had any problems using the server to download new objects, but others have not been as fortunate. The program itself is great...there's nothing else like it on the market.Sidney Schwartz KPDX

Guest Tumbleweed

Thanks guys. I think i may purchase it afterallErich

I like the original release in FS2k2 but since FS2k4, many key objects never made it into the program. Lago's support has lied about future implementation of key objects like baggage carts and pushback trucks. RWY12 seems to be a better option but I haven't been able to spend much time with it.All in all FSE could be a ground breaking tool for FS2k4 if Lago would give up the excuses. I'm surprised to see people are actually supporting it here without mentioning what was promised and still hasn

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Kingair315

> I would love to be able to>place Gulfstreams' and Falcons' at my GA airports or FEDEX>727s and proper America West aircraft in the current livery at>various real world airports that host them. :-hmmm> You can have both flying in or out of GA airports. Use GA-Traffic . . . Ive a lot of traffic at KFUL, about 20+ on the tarmac, even have a KingAir 350 shuttle for United, via a repaint. Have Citation's, Gulfstreams, and others making flights. KFUL is a bit short for a Citation X, but have been there when one landed. Waited while the one passenger left in a Limo for a couple of hours, and left when he returned. Bob

Guest Adeym

I've been using Lago Enhancer for about a year and I love it. I fly mostly routes from england to ireland where most airports are very boring and lifeless. FSE has helped bring in a bit more realism to my flights and makes things seem that bit more real world.Im happy to show you some examples of what I've used it for.http://members.lycos.co.uk/electronicplayg...0easydriver.jpg

Guest Fibble1

Two words about Lago's FSE: BUYER BEWARE!For some strange reason, Lago removed airport items from their library (pushback trucks, luggage carts, etc) and put in totally inappropriate stuff like three different colors of tractors (yes, the thing you plow a field with), barns, haystacks, tents, and even a mountain goat.When it was released a year ago, they promised to fix a lot of things that were wrong with it, including putting the airport stuff back in. In January they released FSE 1.10, with Exchange, whereby scenery creators can swap their creations and it would all be wonderful. In a bad choice of wording, they stated "FSE Exchange - Mission Accomplished" on their website. They couldnt have been more wrong.They didnt put the airport stuff back in the inventory - they didnt even fix what was broken (one static GA aircraft, a Piper I think, is still missing it's landing gear). You still have the same silly selection of aircraft. Kinda makes it hard to populate a small airstrip when all you have is two GA aircraft and about 30 jumbojets to choose from.Yes, I know you can make GA aircraft fly in/out of remote airstrips but to do that you have to use AFCAD, set up radio frequencies, parking spots, etc. Sometimes I just want a few Pipers, Mooneys and Cessna's sitting on the ramp with bunches of maintenance equipment and people around them. It would look silly with actual GA aircraft that take off and leave everyone basically standing around working on nothing.The Exchange module is hit-and-miss, at best. Some users got it working, but many are having problems. Saying Lago made the Exchange module unnecessarily difficult is an understatement. For the people having problems, of which I am one, do not count on Lago to help. I sent seven emails over the past nine days and still no response. If you get Exchange working, you can then move on to other frustrations. The search feature, for example ... you can only get one page of about 15 results; the search does not function past that. There is also no way for uploaders to add a picture so you can see it before you download it.The worst part of FSE is the serious lack of support from Lago. Instead of rehashing the comments, here is a link to their forums:http://forum.videogame.it/forumdisplay.php?forumid=23Something nice to say. Let's see. Okay, I will say I do like FSE's ease of use. Of course, there is nothing to compare it to since it's the only game in town, but it is pretty easy to use. Now if only I can find the right spot on the parking apron to place the museum building...

Guest Waltm

Fibble,I'm sorry to say that you offer a fair analysis of the situation surrounding Lago's otherwise wonderful product. I've been a fan of Lago's scenery enhancer ever since it was first introduced several years ago (back then the scenery and sound enhancers were separate products). What's happened with Lago in the years since makes me wonder how they have managed to stay in business at all. There's nothing I can say about Lago here that hasn't been said by others many times before, but my take on it is that Lago is a multi-headed beast in which none of the heads is able and/nor willing to communicate with the other. The inevitable result is dysfunctional products, disasterous customer support, and an oddly perplexing website that only a techno-sleuth could adore.-- Walt

Guest wathomas777

My biggest gripe, is the inability to allow others to use scenery you created without them purchasing the product.With FSE, you must buy the program even if you only want to download sceneries made by others.The nice thing about Rwy 12, is that sceneries I create can be downloaded by people without them ever needing to download the RWY 12 program. All I need to do is include the right files in my download and ANYONE can download it and enjoy the results. FSE may be very easy to use, but RWY 12 is also pretty easy once you get into it. I did my al_trio.zip enhancements in little over a week (which included 3 revisions to KHSV that I used to "learn" on), and that included learning how to use the software.If Lago had not been so quick to make an easy buck, FSE would have been revolutionary. The ability to use FSE created scenes without purchasing the program, would have generated thousands of peices of free advertising. Instead, Lago was too greedy, and wrongly assumed that if users could download other's creations without buying FSE, that they would lose sales. I disagree. Thousands of FSE creations that we could ALL use would only help give the product much better exposure, and would generate a lot of interest.

>This is what's sad and puzzling at the same time>because you don't have to go find these objects, just look on>the FS2k4 CD's.Which CD are they on, and what's the file name? Thanks! Sidney Schwartz KPDX

Also beware it may not work on your system period. It crashes my FS9 everytime I try to install it. It worked okay initially, until I started a second scenery. Never been able to keep FS9 running with it installed since then. Even through some patches from Lago. I honestly wish I hadn't bought it.

I don't know which CD off hand Sidney, I saw the objects on but I've seen them (I'm at work now). The real issue here is Lago hasn't even tried. Worse case scenario is Lago could drag the objects from FS2k2's CD's which they found for FSSE and add them in FSE. The objects would work. One thing you have to understand is if you look Sidney, you'll see these default objects placed in other Lago airports. If Lago can still use these objects in their other add-ons, why can't they use them in FSE??? I was surprised to see a few other payware add-on airports with these default objects as well so I know it's not impossible.All in all there's no real excuse for Lago giving us farm tractors in place of the most important objects for airport scenery design. :-boom

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Had you asked me this two months ago, I would probably say don't bother.. But, now they have incorperated the Exchange Module and there are some excellant objects out there.. I have also used it since it was released, but was always limited to the objects that came with it, not now!I really like being able to add sounds, and there are some great 3rd party sounds being introduced at the LAGO site..Its worth it! This coupled with the ability to use Runway 12 to add cars, boats and planes is a pretty awsome tool. Runway 12 does all the placement of buildings and other cool things, but it can be rather difficult at times to place, as you can't see the objects when placing them.