Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Aircraft with both VC and Wingview?

I went into the library last night and searched for aircraft with both the above attributes. Many have one or the other, and some are even selectable between both, but I didn't find anything that has both at the same time (I think RFP and the Dreamfleet B727 are the only ones that I know of). Does anyone have any suggestions for an aircraft that has both?Thanks, Bruce.

FSD also offers their a/c with an option for 2d views or the vc.fsd-international.combest

>I went into the library last night and searched for aircraft>with both the above attributes. Many have one or the other, >and some are even selectable between both, but I didn't find>anything that has both at the same time (I think RFP and the>Dreamfleet B727 are the only ones that I know of). Does>anyone have any suggestions for an aircraft that has both?Actually Bruce, I sense some misunderstanding of what a "wingview" is.Any aircraft with a virtual cockpit is normally complete, meaning that if you shift your view using the FS default keyboard commands or Active Camera, then you will be able to see through the windows, and hence the wings.There are rare exceptions to this, but there are some authors who don't include all the a/c in the 3d VC Mode, but those are rare. There are even a few who include only the wings in the 3d VC Mode (such as the HNAC A300 that was posted here two days ago), which will allow you to set up "wing views" in the panel.cfg file.What folks refer to as "Wingviews" are essentially nothing more than custom view entries set up in the panel.cfg file, but for them to work, at least the modeler would have to include the wings in the "interior" model. The alternative is for the author to provide custom, static texture files as a poor subtitute, but these are of course not dynamic.In summary, all models must have at least one sub-model: the "exterior" (that is, parts seen in Spot View), but may contain additional sub-models:exterior (parts visible from Spot View)interior (parts visible from VC View)shadow (parts which cast the ground shadow)There are a few more sub-model types, but they are rarely used by any developer, most likely because MS hasn't adequately explained how or why they should or could be used... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Bill,Thanks for the explanation of how model files are constructed. I was aware of the view commands in the panel.cfg or the use of Active Camera, in order to view wings if the internal view is provided of them. There appears to be many more wing views in the interior models than there are 3D cockpits, for the obvious reason of the work required I assume in constructing a 3D cockpit. What I was looking for was both provided together (and I should be more specific in limiting this to jet transport aircraft). I love the VC provided by POSKY in their B752, but one has to choose between wing and 3D cockpit views in selecting the model file in aircraft.cfg. I'm sure there are many that provide both concurrently, but as yet I haven't found them, hence my post.Thanks again for your reply,Bruce.

Guest Coneman

The Posky CRJ has both. :-)Todd