Sign in to follow this  

v2.1: no TrackIR...?

I installed P3D v2.1 on a clean system (restore of a complete system backup) and TrackIR does nothing in P3D v2.1! Anyone else here who has the same problem? This is the first time TrackIR simply does nothing in P3D: it worked perfectly (without having to do anything for it) in 2.0!

No problem with Track-IR on version 2.1. Installed only the patch and not a full reinstall.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

No Track IR problems on my 2.1 full install after an uninstall of 2.0.  Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the TrackIR software?  I had to do that several times in FSX after it stopped responding - usually cured the problem.  Haven't had the issue in P3D, though, so I can't say for sure if that'll work or not.  

Bummer... I did use the installer to repair TrackIR but maybe I should indeed uninstall and reinstall. The odd things is though that I used this same system backup a few weeks ago with P3D v2.0 and TrackIR worked without problems... But well, since you all don't have problems, it must be something on my PC...

No issue with TrackIR and 2.1 here. There were changes to SimConnect so it is possible that there is an issue.

Shoot... a reinstall didn't help either. I just noticed that when I run TIR and P3D the TIR interface shows NONE behind Title: if I remember well you should see the program to which TIR has been connected. I don't get it: I never had to do anything before to get all this working! The two programs simply don't seem to connect!

If there are changes to SimConnect, how can I resolve any issues that may be cause by that? And why does no one else have this problem?

This hobby is really getting on my nerves, I have to tell you... There always seems to be something that spoils it somehow. :mad: And what's even more annoying is that this is happening when I won't be able to sit behind my PC for two days, so all I can do is think 'Why the heck doesn't it work'. I really utterly hate that. Instead of enjoying 2.1 for an evening I spend all evening troubleshooting things again. I am so sick and tired of that.

Jeroen - TIR reads whatever is on the window title bar of FSX/P3D. For example, if you use Pete Dowson's VAS usage logging in FSUIPC and have it display to the window title bar, TIR will show NONE and not function. It needs to find that info.

You might want to reassign the profile to the p3d.exe file.

HTH,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

My TrackIR isn't working either.  I have a brand-new high end laptop (Asus 750JH) that never had FSX or P3D on it.

Did a full install of P3Dv2.1, FSUIPC 4929 (registered), SPAD and TrackIR 5.2.2 (with game updates).

The TrackIR window functions perfectly and shows good head movement.  But, the P3D view doesn't move at all.

Natural Point suggested I try running TIR and P3D as administrator, and if that didn't work to uninstall TIR and try version 5.1.3 instead.

All no-go.  

I'm wondering if the problem only surfaces with a full install, versus patching P3Dv2.0.

No problems at my end either. Did a clean 2.1 install and TI worked from the get go.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Did you check to make sure your manifest files are present on the track ir program directory? You may have previously modified or renamed them....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Shoot... a reinstall didn't help either.

Here's an interesting suggestion from the ORBX forums:

Installed latest FSUIPC v4.929.  TrackIR did not work in P3D v2.1 until after I had used TrackIR in FSX.

I have no idea why using FSX first makes it work, but it might be worth a try for those who have dual installations of FSX and P3d 2.1.

I would hate to have to load FSX, just to run TIR on P3D!

I also tried using the migration tool (enabling virtual FSX), but TIR still won't work in P3Dv2.1

Has anyone gotten TIR running without having a prior FSX install?

Yes,No FSX on the system,installed the patch after copying and deleting the suggested files,re pasted originals and TrackIR working

Dave