Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaapverduijn

New Lancastrian disappointing

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings!I just bought, installed and flew the new Lancastrian, and I must say she's a bit of a disappointment to me. Meant to be flown from the VC, this should have been better detailed. The 2d panel is also somewhat course.The outside on the other hand is beautiful. This, to my mind, is an add-on for those who fly in chase or spot view or whatever it is called. From the cockpit (either one) it ain't no fun.As for flying characteristics: holy cow, the elevators behave like she's a fighter! She stands on her nose or tail in no time at all!Summing it up: I'll probably never fly her again. That doesn't necessarily mean that others wouldn't be happy with her, but really: this add-on is not for me.Jaap Verduijn.

Jaap, having had quite a bit of contact with the authors, several issues that you've mentioned will be addressed in a free "update," particularly the over-strength brakes, the over-sensitive elevator, and some texture issues.Please keep in mind that this is a "first release" for a new team, and the price is quite reasonable. I would urge you to be patient, and cut them enough slack to polish their work. ;)I've yet to see any first-time payware release that was "perfect" out of the box...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest jaapverduijn

Hi Bill!That would please me very much! You mention exactly the things that bother me, and if they will be improved I'll be much happier with the Lancastrian!Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

If they'd made this model as a proper WW2 RAF Lanc I would most likely have purchased but surely the "Lancastrian" will have limited appeal.I have yet to find a good-looking FS2004 WW2 RAF Lancaster with quality VC and sound. If anyone knows any different please share!RegardsAdam

I've yet to see any first-time payware release that was "perfect" out of the box...One example come to my mind: RxP wx500.Jos

>I've yet to see any first-time payware release that was>"perfect" out of the box...>>One example come to my mind: RxP wx500.Um, that is not a full aircraft package either, is it? There's a LOT of difference between a single gauge - no matter how good it is - and a complete aircraft package of model, panel, gauges, sounds, flight dynamics and sound... :-roll

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well you didn't specify an aircraft package so I just gave an example. But I don't remember any bug correction update for F1 Meridian or DF C310.Jos

Guest Slacktide

>Well you didn't specify an aircraft package so I just gave an>example. But I don't remember any bug correction update for F1>Meridian or DF C310.>>Jos

I have the "fixed" DF 310. Great aeroplane with super VC but questionable flight dynamics and framerates in my FS2004. Would be nice to have another update for FS2004 with a better visual model (I thought one was planned?).Thanks for heads up on "Wings of Power" sounds very interesting can anyone give me a URL to their website? Favourite WWII aircraft in my virtual hanger at the moment is definitely the RealAir Spitfire. Has the best VC I have ever seen.RegardsAdam

>I've yet to see any first-time payware release that was>"perfect" out of the box...>>One example come to my mind: RxP wx500.>>Jos

Guest PhilipsCDRW

I'd completely forgotten that CFS3 existed, or was in any way related to FS...FYI, DSB is working on a Lancastrian too, maybe it will be different...