Sign in to follow this  
Guest jerel2k4

FS 2004 takes a long time to load

Guest jerel2k4

First, FS 2004 takes a long time to load. Long enough to concern me. Where do I start resolving this out? I am using AI Schedule. Within this little gem is a feature that will search out your aircraft folder for missing *.air files and missing texture folders. I have a lot. I am working on fixing these errors now. I am thinking missing texture folders (i.e. not named correctly, etc) would definitely cause a crash as well as the plane not showing up in AI or not at all.Also, I am experiencing CTD's. No error message. The sim shuts down unexpectedly. I am running on a separate hardware profile and running in clean boot mode per microsoft suggestion regarding this issue. When I get a CTD I go to the event viewer and in the application log there are two event Id messages that are of no help in deciphering the problem.The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 7.The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 6.Also, I have updated all my drivers, chipset, running windows xp sp2. I also got the FS-GS system unification. I must admit when I am inside the sim I get great performance. I runnning a P4-3.2, X800 pro, FS9 with update, etc, etc. I do notice that right before a CTD that it stutters a couple of times. I mean everyone gets microstutters but these stutters are different. I am trying to rule out FS genesis mesh and landclass as well as FS global 2005. I am also running usa roads and fscene. I do not use any other addon scenery except for small city enhancements. I have all my AFCAD2's in the addon scenery, scenery folder. I run scancfg utility to make sure I do not have any duplicate AFCAD's.I also have a NVIDIA Geforce MX 400 (Microsoft Corporation) driver on my machine that I cannot seem to get rid of. I never used an nvidia card before. I tried driver cleaner and detonator rip as well as reg supreme and reg clean but cannot seem to get this out of my registry. I did not know it was there until i ran a free scan with driver detective. Any ideas on how to get this off of my system. I think this ghost driver may be conflicting with my ATI drivers.Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!JerelP.S. I am trying to go through all possible solutions before I backup my installation and start fresh.

First, I don't know if Michael with fs-gs offers a follow-up checkup, but if he does, I would have him take a look. He has enough hardware, O/S and MSFS experience to likely identify the issue you're having. From a support viewpoint, as an example, I wouldn't try to walk a user through removing "ghost" drivers unless I could actually see the system.There are several ways you can "reinstall" MSFS without having to go through the real process. Afterwards, you can bring in the add-ons, one at a time, check for stability, then move on.How do I "refresh" MSFS?~I move any third party dll's present in the modules folder~I copy the scenery.cfg to a backup folder, then remove all the entries outside of the MSFS defaults.~I move fs9.cfg to a backup folder. A new one with all the default settings is built.Of course the purpose of the backups is to restore your sim should none of the efforts work.The fact that you mention this being preceded by a couple of stutters worries me. I had a power supply go about a year ago, and the voltage would first drop, causing MSFS to stutter, before falling below minimums and locking the system altogether.Memory can also cause similar symptoms.And so can heat.As a general rule, I suggest ruling out the sim first (or should I say sim add-ons, since MSFS is pretty stable otherwise) before you tackle the hardware. And certainly contact MG at fs-gs and see if he can help. Even if he charges you another $60, you could spend hours chasing false leads I and others offer you...Good luck in getting this fixed.Regards,John

Guest jerel2k4

Thank you for your reply. I will definitely contact Michael again. I upgraded my power supply from a 450 watt to a 550 watt. I will definitely try your suggestions.