Sign in to follow this  
ryanreid

PMDG 737-800 HUD

My version of the Boeing 737-800 by PMDG's HUD is not displaying. I CAN deploy the HUD to in front of me, however the HUD will not "turn on". It just stays there, not lighting up with green text. I have had it before, and for the last week or so, it just hasn't shown up. I read the manual briefly and didnt see anything about it. I'm pretty sure that I pressed a button, just dont know which or where. Again, the HUD comes down, just doesnt activate text

Did you do anything to your fsx installation between when the hud was working and when it stopped?

Besides installing freeware aircraft, no.

Also new thing: Anyone know how to delete a post? First one said it didnt succeed, but apparently it did

Try contacting their support. PMDG has some of the best and fastest support in the flight sim world.

I'd recommend backing up your FSX.cfg and deleting everything under the "[Trusted]" section. You'll have to allow all the modules again, but something makes me suspect that your PMDG_HUD_interface.dll isn't running for some reason.

99% probability for DLL.XML to be the culprit. You can fix it in two ways. 

1.Open you DLL.XML and search for this entry:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>

If this is missing or something differ, you need to add it/repair. 

The problem could be also corrupted DLL.XML, here you can find info and how to fix it  http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a92/dllxml-information-and-troubleshooting.aspx

or

2. reinstall NGX

If you are not confortable with XML manual editing, reinstall or contact PMDG

If you look down on the pedestal, there's a HUD control panel there. Check if it's not in "Blank" mode (indicated by a little green light next to the word "Blank") 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Besides installing freeware aircraft, no.

Also new thing: Anyone know how to delete a post? First one said it didnt succeed, but apparently it did

Freeware install could be a factor to  -what did you install?  And perhaps it screwed up your dll.xml like Zeljko described.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yes  Tabs mentioned  this awhile  ago but cant remember  which freeware aircraft it was caused this issue.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg