Sign in to follow this  
rudeboy1988

Caravan EX in P3Dv2.1

Hi!

Somebody tried to install Caravan EX in P3D v2.0/2.1?
Switches do not work
and aircraft dont wont start up! Even Ctrl+E don't help!!!

Not to mention the fact that there is no reflection of the sun on the windows...

and payload window shows some sh*t...

post-265312-0-14763900-1392299389.jpg

Carenado going to take something?

P.S. Sorry for my english :)

I have but didnt notice your issue but the G1000 PFD doesnt display and the MFD is missing the map on mine. The P3D forum has mentioned this. Seems a V2.1 P.O.S issue!

Oh, thanks for reply!

LM fix one things and broken other.... Damn... What i have to do? Wait for 2.2 patch???

I hope they are release the minor fix as soon as possible :)

Oh, thanks for reply!

LM fix one things and broken other.... Damn... What i have to do? Wait for 2.2 patch???

I'm sure it'll get fixed eventually because Lockheed Martin and Carenado have close relations. If Prepar3D 2.2 doesn't fix the problem, Carenado will probably issue updates.

A bit off-topic, but can all Carenado aircraft labeled "FSX/P3D" be installed in Prepar3D 2.0 without a migrator?

A bit off-topic, but can all Carenado aircraft labeled "FSX/P3D" be installed in Prepar3D 2.0 without a migrator?

I think it's possible. Because Carenado airplanes dont writing any thing in dll.xml etc... Just select P3D folder and try installing. I hope it's work. I'm installing with Migration Tool (updated today).

The "problem" is that L-M tightened up the XML parsing engine such that it's less tolerant of what have been up until now very minor 'errors' in syntax. This is a problem that Carenado will have to solve...

...just as I will have to rework my own custom GPS projects that are currently inop in P3Dv2.1... :blush:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Has anyone tried the Carenado C208B (the original) in Prepar3D 2.1? How does it work? That one has the GNS 430 if I remember correctly.

Has anyone tried the Carenado C208B (the original) in Prepar3D 2.1? How does it work? That one has the GNS 430 if I remember correctly.

С208 work well, i mean engine start up and shut down correctly. GPS dosn't work but weather engine looks like working well.

С208 work well, i mean engine start up and shut down correctly. GPS dosn't work but weather engine looks like working well.

Oh dear, that means the GNS 430 is broken as well. I wonder if Carenado will patch all their Prepar3D aircraft (C208B and later) or expect Lockheed Martin to switch to the old XML parsing engine. Honestly, I'm pretty sure the latter is going to happen.

Oh dear, that means the GNS 430 is broken as well. I wonder if Carenado will patch all their Prepar3D aircraft (C208B and later) or expect Lockheed Martin to switch to the old XML parsing engine. Honestly, I'm pretty sure the latter is going to happen.

They will be releasing service packs for the aircraft once they fix the problem. 

Where did they confirm that?

reply to a support ticket i had opened: 

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

Since the P3D v2.1 release we're having numerous issues reported, there are many aircraft not working, malfunctioning avionics, graphics, etc. we're investigating the cause for all of these. It seems that P3D changed something in the software structure and that is causing problems.

Once the origin of the issues is found, service packs for our products will be released.

Best Regards

Carenado Support.

reply to a support ticket i had opened: 

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

Since the P3D v2.1 release we're having numerous issues reported, there are many aircraft not working, malfunctioning avionics, graphics, etc. we're investigating the cause for all of these. It seems that P3D changed something in the software structure and that is causing problems.

Once the origin of the issues is found, service packs for our products will be released.

Best Regards

Carenado Support.

Thanks a lot for posting that! I'm glad Carenado are patching all their aircraft (I totally didn't expect them to do that). Hopefully more remaining issues will be fixed as well.