Sign in to follow this  
osutrooper

Tutorial Flight?

Is anyone working on a tutorial flight on youtube for this.  I have been playing around with it for 2 weeks and can't figure it out.  This is my first prop plane so that may have something to do it with. 

Not really, but if you read the (manual) B1900D Normal Procedures pdf on your carenado folder, is not that hard.

You can seach in youtube in how to load a flight plan to your fms or the garmin

or a simple one

http://server1.flyuk.aero/downloads/resources/checklists/UKV_B1900D_NOC.pdf

Good luck

Alex

I'm with the OP here. 

I'm really fumbling around with this one, making a real hash out of it. I'm real new to the whole Sim world, but I figured this plane would be a nice step 

in between the OG planes included with FSX and the tricky ones. 

There are some real fundamental issues I'm having, (insert ashamed face here,) I can't figure out how to properly set up my departure A/P. 

I would like to depart with the FTC, and move into my flight plan on the FMC. So... things like the heading bug adjustment and switching to NAV/GPS

or my FMC flightplan are alluding me.  

If I could just see someone do it, I would be off and running.  Perhaps there's something similar to this setup somewhere on YouTube?

I really appreciate all of your help. 

To make the aircraft follow the FMC, I believe all you do is turn the FMC on (having made a flightplan in the FSX flight planner before hand), then ensure that there is a 'GPS' message to the right of the heading indicator, then click 'NAV' on the AP. So far as I can tell, the aircraft always operates in VNAV with the FMC activated, so you will not be able to select your altitude using the altitude pre-select window (if anyone knows how to turn off VNAV please let me know). To hold your altitude with VNAV, just click on the uppermost right 'ALT' button on the AP panel. 

(This might be incorrect as I am away from my home computer now and have not flown the aircraft in a few days). 

Edited by hamoody

To make the aircraft follow the FMC, I believe all you do is turn the FMC on (having made a flightplan in the FSX flight planner before hand), then ensure that there is a 'GPS' message to the right of the heading indicator, then click 'NAV' on the AP. So far as I can tell, the aircraft always operates in VNAV with the FMC activated, so you will not be able to select your altitude using the altitude pre-select window (if anyone knows how to turn off VNAV please let me know). To hold your altitude with VNAV, just click on the uppermost right 'ALT' button on the AP panel. 

(This might be incorrect as I am away from my home computer now and have not flown the aircraft in a few days). 

Very helpful, thanks.

I'll give it a try as well.  I have been using the default gps and flying direct.  Still working on getting it to follow the ILS lol

I love this bird!

Only problem I am having is locking onto the LOC for the ILS....

I make sure I have the runway frq/hdg set...

Also make sure that CDI is pressed and VLOC is showing on the GNS530

Around 3000ft at the turn from base and about 130IAS...

Mark

Mark Harris

ESA1178

Senior Captain

http://www.eurostar-aviation.ch/

I love this bird!

Only problem I am having is locking onto the LOC for the ILS....

I make sure I have the runway frq/hdg set...

Also make sure that CDI is pressed and VLOC is showing on the GNS530

Around 3000ft at the turn from base and about 130IAS...

Mark

Once you've set the ILS frequency into the GPS and set the runway heading into the AP (make sure the GPS is set to VLoc otherwise the course selection won't show on the bottom right of the heading indicator) you need to wait until the localiser becomes active. Once active the heading indicator will have a green arrow in the middle (showing the direction of the runway) as well as an offset green line which is a representation of how far away you are from the centre line of the runway. As you approach the course for the runway the green line will start moving towards the middle of the arrow, as soon as it does press the NAV button on the AP (this tells the AP to follow the Nav 1 radio). The plane will then start to line itself up with the runway. Once the glide slope indicator becomes active and starts moving down press the APP button on the AP and the plane will start to descend on the glide slope. All you need to do now is manage the throttles to make sure that the glide slope indicator remain in the middle of the display.

I am trying to master this tutorial but I'm doing something wrong because the Flight Plan programmed onto FMS coupled with GPS is being followed but the DME arc not.

I don't know what happened but now I can follow the tutorial correctly. Everthing is ok with the tutorial. It's a good tutorial. I advise to observe it carefully and take notes about the many important things that are explained before try to follow by yourself the entire flight plan shown.

In the screnshot bellow I was doing the ARC DME that starts at NUBUK.

B1900D_02.jpg