Sign in to follow this  
Guest knswee

Scenery

Guest Alphahawk3

I am a returning user of MSFS 2004. The old versions would keep me from going nuts during my remote site tours in Saudi. The forums are great but I need to know what do I need to have for the best scenery? I have USA Extreme Landscape by Abacus. So many of the addons I check out will say " You need Nova Gold or you need Lagos" I don't think it is possible to have all of those and I know each person has his own idea of what looks good. Can anyone tell me what will give the most detail for terrain? Would appreciate any advice on this. Thanks

I don't have it, but I think USA Roads should be tops on your list. Can't think of any scenery that would give you a greater feeling of being home than the USA Roads add-on.-John

That all depends on where you want to fly ;)Check out mesh from FSGenesis (http://www.fsgenesis.net) and ground textures from FScene (http://www.fscene.com).The combination is stunning. Worldwide price is rather steep but if you fly most of the time in one area you can choose to purchase only that area and leave the rest (for later ;)).USA Roads as mentioned makes things look a lot better in the US as well, as does FSGenesis US landclass (they do work together very well).Expect more similar products in the future.All products mention work together to produce a whole that's greater than the sum of the parts.

Guest knswee

If you like low level bush flying in a scenic wonderland than get ahold of Misty Fjords, its payware but it is one of the best scenery's I have flown in. Also they have tons of new free addons to bring the area to life. Check out mistymoorings.com for info.beaver1