Sign in to follow this  
Gallagher80

PMDG menu missing

Hi, I experienced an issue on the menu bar in FSX Basic (SP1 + SP2). After you have installed the PMDG Boeing 737/800 and have upgraded it can not find the menu of the addon and then that of PMDG. Could someone help me solve this problem? Thank you.

There is nothing to fix. The newer products from PMDG have moved all setup functionality to the FMC so they do not have a menu selection in the FSX menu bar. So the fact that it is missing is not a problem because it is not there by design.

John Sturm

So all the settings and customizations of the panel I can do from there?

Yep!  Have a look at the intro manual for explanations on where to find all of it, and what the different options do.

Kyle Rodgers

This forum is crazy. You have been very kind. I hope I did not disturb you anymore :) but never say never .... :lol:  Good evening to all.

There is nothing to fix. The newer products from PMDG have moved all setup functionality to the FMC so they do not have a menu selection in the FSX menu bar. So the fact that it is missing is not a problem because it is not there by design.

This is why I have like 20 hours on the PMDG747 and 200 on the PMDG737.

Looking forward to that question "How do I connect external power in the cold&dark state?"   :P

Followed shortly by, "the engines wont start! I turned EVERY switch on the overhead panel and all other panels ON and they wont start! It must be a BUG!"

(PS Turn the packs off if this actually happens to you... And make sure the APU is running.)

Waits for question: "What is a pack?"

I am sorry I am overly cynical tonight, working in IT does this to one.

I am sorry I am overly cynical tonight, working in IT does this to one.

...glad someone understands.  My favorite line when I was an applications instructor was always "I did everything you told me and it's still not working!!!"

*Walk over to observe what they're doing*

*Watch them skip steps because they aren't actually doing what I told them*

*Roll eyes*

"Yep.  See?  Right there, you need to...[blah blah blah blah]."

Kyle Rodgers