Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

More X-Plane 10 shots with "tweaked" atmosphere

I did these screenshots as a preview for my new project, but they also show some magnificent views with tweaked (no add-on needed, just some internal parameters changed) atmospheric effects.

The atmospheric tweaks are discussed here:

And my project is mentioned here:

(and everything else in the screenshots is free to - like my HD Mesh Scenery v2)

c4_28.jpg

c4_44.jpg

c4_7.jpg

c4_64.jpg

c4_41.jpg

c4_60.jpg

c4_70.jpg

c4_71.jpg

c4_69.jpg

You can find even more screenshots here:

Guest Mik75

Amazing! So, it's treelines and farms v2 and HD mesh v2 without OSM Europe + autogen in these pics? What are your rendering settings for objects and trees in these shots, and how big will be the impact on the fps when using treelines and farms?

And, yeah, this looks AMAZING!!!

No, I have no "OSM Europe + autogen" in the screenshots ... just the others you listed.

And for these screenshots - just like almost always - I fly with very high rendering settings, even if my 3 year old PC is not always up to the task anymore (will be replaced sometime this year). But I think, compared to the "rest", the "tree lines and farms" shouldn't kill your performance on its own (but as always, every ounce of extra eye candy costs some FPS).

Guest Mik75

Ok, thanks a lot for clarification. So, your HD mesh defines the "landclass"with its contained OSM data, right? Would the library for European buildings and vehicles work with just HD mesh v2 installed! Or, to put it the other way around, is there any advantage or disadvantage when OSM Europe + autogen is installed?

My settings are at mega tons for objects and overgrown for trees since this gives me the beautiful details with an acceptable performance.

Well, the mesh scenery is a bit more complex ... but simply put: its basically a triangle mesh, which gets its elevation structure from elvation data, and the textures (well, effectively terrain types) are assigned to each triangle patch / group based on the landclass data used during processing. Additionally, OSM based water defines coastlines, and where the mesh turns into water. On top - still part of the HD mesh Scenery v2 - forest area, autogen zoning (from which "auto generated" 3D buildings are derived on the fly by the sim), road / railroad / powerlines vectors are included. Altogether, they define what you see.

Anything else is added on top. "OSM Europe + autogen" is added on top, and it brings in its own, facade based OSM buildinmgs (and excludes default autogen where enough OSM facade buildings are present) and also OSM based forest. My "X-Plane 10 Tree Lines and Farms V2" work in a similar way ... farm objects and tree lines (technically just a sub-type of forests) are added on-top. And yes, the latter two can usually be mixed quite well ...

Neat sir.

When are you give the Asia Mesh ? and of course Africa , it would be fun flying there, ah don't forget to put some elephants / lions etc...

Really impressed with the tweaks.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Better than ORBX and free... or better yet donationware!

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest Mik75

Better than ORBX and free... or better yet donationware!

+1

So true!

Shot 5 looks so realistic, that I would of sworn it's a real photograph, and that's without photoscenery :)

***INCREDIBLE***

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick